South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Etoile du Sahel win Tunisian league title
Etoile du Sahel have secured the Tunisian league title with a game to spare after their home win over EGS Gafsa on Thursday.
Faouzi Benzarti men completed the feat with a 2-1 win in front of their fans at the Stade Olympique de Sousse. Ghazi Chellouf opened the scoring for Gafsa, before Alaya Brigui and Mohamed Amine Ben Amor scored for the hosts.
With this win and only one gameweek to go in the competition, Les Diables Rouges mathematically secured the title as they sit on 74 points, three clear of second-placed Espérance.
In case Espérance won their final game while Étoile lost theirs, they would catch back to them on points, but still the head-to-head results would favour Étoile.
The Sousse-based club won the first encounter between the two teams 3-0 at home before securing a 2-2 draw away from home in the second game, which gave Benzarti’s men the head-to-head advantage.
It is worth noting that this title marks the 10th league title for Étoile du Sahel who last won the competition in 2007.