Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Etoile du Sahel win Tunisian league title
Etoile du Sahel have secured the Tunisian league title with a game to spare after their home win over EGS Gafsa on Thursday.
Faouzi Benzarti men completed the feat with a 2-1 win in front of their fans at the Stade Olympique de Sousse. Ghazi Chellouf opened the scoring for Gafsa, before Alaya Brigui and Mohamed Amine Ben Amor scored for the hosts.
With this win and only one gameweek to go in the competition, Les Diables Rouges mathematically secured the title as they sit on 74 points, three clear of second-placed Espérance.
In case Espérance won their final game while Étoile lost theirs, they would catch back to them on points, but still the head-to-head results would favour Étoile.
The Sousse-based club won the first encounter between the two teams 3-0 at home before securing a 2-2 draw away from home in the second game, which gave Benzarti’s men the head-to-head advantage.
It is worth noting that this title marks the 10th league title for Étoile du Sahel who last won the competition in 2007.