Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
Etoile du Sahel win Tunisian league title
Etoile du Sahel have secured the Tunisian league title with a game to spare after their home win over EGS Gafsa on Thursday.
Faouzi Benzarti men completed the feat with a 2-1 win in front of their fans at the Stade Olympique de Sousse. Ghazi Chellouf opened the scoring for Gafsa, before Alaya Brigui and Mohamed Amine Ben Amor scored for the hosts.
With this win and only one gameweek to go in the competition, Les Diables Rouges mathematically secured the title as they sit on 74 points, three clear of second-placed Espérance.
In case Espérance won their final game while Étoile lost theirs, they would catch back to them on points, but still the head-to-head results would favour Étoile.
The Sousse-based club won the first encounter between the two teams 3-0 at home before securing a 2-2 draw away from home in the second game, which gave Benzarti’s men the head-to-head advantage.
It is worth noting that this title marks the 10th league title for Étoile du Sahel who last won the competition in 2007.