Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Etoile du Sahel win Tunisian league title
Etoile du Sahel have secured the Tunisian league title with a game to spare after their home win over EGS Gafsa on Thursday.
Faouzi Benzarti men completed the feat with a 2-1 win in front of their fans at the Stade Olympique de Sousse. Ghazi Chellouf opened the scoring for Gafsa, before Alaya Brigui and Mohamed Amine Ben Amor scored for the hosts.
With this win and only one gameweek to go in the competition, Les Diables Rouges mathematically secured the title as they sit on 74 points, three clear of second-placed Espérance.
In case Espérance won their final game while Étoile lost theirs, they would catch back to them on points, but still the head-to-head results would favour Étoile.
The Sousse-based club won the first encounter between the two teams 3-0 at home before securing a 2-2 draw away from home in the second game, which gave Benzarti’s men the head-to-head advantage.
It is worth noting that this title marks the 10th league title for Étoile du Sahel who last won the competition in 2007.