Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Etoile du Sahel win Tunisian league title
Etoile du Sahel have secured the Tunisian league title with a game to spare after their home win over EGS Gafsa on Thursday.
Faouzi Benzarti men completed the feat with a 2-1 win in front of their fans at the Stade Olympique de Sousse. Ghazi Chellouf opened the scoring for Gafsa, before Alaya Brigui and Mohamed Amine Ben Amor scored for the hosts.
With this win and only one gameweek to go in the competition, Les Diables Rouges mathematically secured the title as they sit on 74 points, three clear of second-placed Espérance.
In case Espérance won their final game while Étoile lost theirs, they would catch back to them on points, but still the head-to-head results would favour Étoile.
The Sousse-based club won the first encounter between the two teams 3-0 at home before securing a 2-2 draw away from home in the second game, which gave Benzarti’s men the head-to-head advantage.
It is worth noting that this title marks the 10th league title for Étoile du Sahel who last won the competition in 2007.