Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
EXCLUSIVE | Zamalek agree Shikabala move to Lierse
Cairo giants Zamalek have agreed a move in principle with S.K. Lierse, that will see Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ move to the Belgian club this transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed the presence of negotiations between Shikabala’s agent and Lierse chairman Maged Samy three days ago.
After a meeting today, the club has agreed to a move that’ll see Shikabala have a third stint in Europe. What remains now are the final touches as Zamalek wanted to sell the player to Lierse but the Belgian club are looking to loan the playmaker instead.
Shikabala’s career over the past few seasons has been very turbulent. The 30-year-old spent the 2014/15 season at Sporting Clube de Portugal, but after finding it hard to break his way through the team, Shikabala fled Portugal to rejoin Zamalek at the start of the 2015/16 season.
After almost a year without playing any football, Shikabala was loaned to Ismaily at the start of the season but returned to Zamalek following Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’s departure from the Daraweesh to take over the White Castle’s job.
It is worth noting that Ismaily and Al Masry are also interested in the former PAOK, with the latter’s coach Hossam Hassan confirming his wish to have Shikabala in his team next season.