Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Evouna salvages three points for Al Ahly against Dakhleya
The first chance of the game came in the fifth minute through Dalhleya’s Amr Marei, but his dangerous shot went wide.
Al Ahly players then started to press the opposition and bombarded Dakhleya’s goal with many chances starting with a shot from Abdalla El-Said in the tenth minute, but it was easy for the keeper.
In the 27th minute, Hossam Ghaly sent a magnificent cross toward Momen Zakaria, but the later failed to send the ball toward the goal. Zakharia almost opened the scoring in the 41st minute, but his curling shot went over the bar.
Two minutes later, El-Said wasted a chance from inside the box, before being subbed off in the final minute of the first half for a shoulder injury. Moments later, a counter attack by Dakhleya was unsuccessful when Assem Saeed’s cross was cleared by Sherif Ekramy.
In the second half, the same scenario was played out, but Al Ahly was on target this time. In the 53rd minute, a dangerous cross from Zakharia was heading to Evouna, who was by himself inside the box, but a last minute clearance from the defense kept the score at 0-0.
In the 64th minute, Momen Zakharia cut onto his right foot inside the box and played a short pass to Evouna who found the net with the outside of his foot. Just five minutes later, Evouna scored his second of the night with a low ball from the edge of the box after beating his man cleverly.
Saleh Gomaa and Emad Meter were given a chance when they were both subbed in toward the end of the half, but the score remained the same. Ahmed Fathi was given a yellow card and will be forced to miss the match against Al-Masry due to card accumulation.
Al Ahly is now eight points clear of Zamalek with 71 points, while Dakhleya fell to ninth place with 44 points.