Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Evouna salvages three points for Al Ahly against Dakhleya
The first chance of the game came in the fifth minute through Dalhleya’s Amr Marei, but his dangerous shot went wide.
Al Ahly players then started to press the opposition and bombarded Dakhleya’s goal with many chances starting with a shot from Abdalla El-Said in the tenth minute, but it was easy for the keeper.
In the 27th minute, Hossam Ghaly sent a magnificent cross toward Momen Zakaria, but the later failed to send the ball toward the goal. Zakharia almost opened the scoring in the 41st minute, but his curling shot went over the bar.
Two minutes later, El-Said wasted a chance from inside the box, before being subbed off in the final minute of the first half for a shoulder injury. Moments later, a counter attack by Dakhleya was unsuccessful when Assem Saeed’s cross was cleared by Sherif Ekramy.
In the second half, the same scenario was played out, but Al Ahly was on target this time. In the 53rd minute, a dangerous cross from Zakharia was heading to Evouna, who was by himself inside the box, but a last minute clearance from the defense kept the score at 0-0.
In the 64th minute, Momen Zakharia cut onto his right foot inside the box and played a short pass to Evouna who found the net with the outside of his foot. Just five minutes later, Evouna scored his second of the night with a low ball from the edge of the box after beating his man cleverly.
Saleh Gomaa and Emad Meter were given a chance when they were both subbed in toward the end of the half, but the score remained the same. Ahmed Fathi was given a yellow card and will be forced to miss the match against Al-Masry due to card accumulation.
Al Ahly is now eight points clear of Zamalek with 71 points, while Dakhleya fell to ninth place with 44 points.