Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Ghanaian striker joins Mexican second-tier side
Ghana Premier League current top scorer Yahaya Mohammed has joined Mexican second-tier side Murciélagos FC from Aduana Stars, the North American club announced.
Yahaya captured the interest of the Mexican side after scoring 11 goals in only 15 matches of the ongoing 2015/16 Ghana Premier League.
The former OGC Nice player was reportedly monitored by Ghanaian Hearts of Oak and Ivorian ASEC Mimosas, but he opted to join the Mexican side.
The Ghanaian striker joined Ligue 1 side OGC Nice on loan in 2007. He then moved to Real Tamale United before joining Asante Kotoko to be loaned for Amidaus and Ittihad Tripoli.
In the 2016 winter transfer window, Yahaya moved to Aduana Stars only to join the Mexican team six months later after his impressive performance with the Ghanaian side.
The 28-year-old was part of Ghana’s 2014 African Nations Championship squad, which lost the tournament’s final on penalties to Libya.