Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Ramadan Sobhy receives official offer from Stoke City
Stoke City have made an official offer for Al Ahly’s prodigy Ramadan Sobhy, who has been monitored closely from the stands by scouts sent from the English side during two Egyptian Premier League matches this season.
A meeting was held between Sobhy’s Egyptian representative Nader Shawky and Al Ahly president Mahmoud Taher on Saturday to discuss the offer submitted by Stoke City.
Bleacher Report reported last month that Stoke were showing interest in the 19-year-old, but Nader Shawky had disclosed to KingFut that no offers were made at the time.
Ramadan Sobhy has been attracting interest from Arsenal and AS Roma over the past 18 months, but his recent impressive displays for both the Egypt national team and Al Ahly has reignited interest from a host of European clubs. The winger had missed out on the senior national team’s latest Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania, a 2-0 win for the Pharaohs, as he needed to complete his school exams.
It is worth noting that Sobhy, who has six international appearances to his name, has scored four goals and provided 9 assists with Al Ahly this season. The starlet scored the crucial penalty to send the Young Pharaohs to the next round of Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying on Friday, under 24 hours after featuring for Martin Jol’s side in the Egyptian Premier League.