Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ramadan Sobhy receives official offer from Stoke City
Stoke City have made an official offer for Al Ahly’s prodigy Ramadan Sobhy, who has been monitored closely from the stands by scouts sent from the English side during two Egyptian Premier League matches this season.
A meeting was held between Sobhy’s Egyptian representative Nader Shawky and Al Ahly president Mahmoud Taher on Saturday to discuss the offer submitted by Stoke City.
Bleacher Report reported last month that Stoke were showing interest in the 19-year-old, but Nader Shawky had disclosed to KingFut that no offers were made at the time.
Ramadan Sobhy has been attracting interest from Arsenal and AS Roma over the past 18 months, but his recent impressive displays for both the Egypt national team and Al Ahly has reignited interest from a host of European clubs. The winger had missed out on the senior national team’s latest Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania, a 2-0 win for the Pharaohs, as he needed to complete his school exams.
It is worth noting that Sobhy, who has six international appearances to his name, has scored four goals and provided 9 assists with Al Ahly this season. The starlet scored the crucial penalty to send the Young Pharaohs to the next round of Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying on Friday, under 24 hours after featuring for Martin Jol’s side in the Egyptian Premier League.