Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Two more Egyptians qualify for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Reem Kassem has qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics in the 10km swimming marathon, while her compatriot Anas Beshr will compete in the 400m running event.
Kassem clocked 2:00:13.20 in the women’s 10km race at the FINA marathon swimming Olympic Games qualification tournament in Setubal, Portugal on Saturday.
She finished 32nd in the open water swimming event but managed to earn her Olympic spot through the continental quota allocation.
Meanwhile, sprinter Anas Beshr has booked his ticket to Rio after winning the gold medal in the 400m race at the Star Athletics Pro Meet in Montverde, Florida. He clocked 45.40 seconds to set a new national record for Egypt.
More than 100 Egyptian athletes have qualified to compete at a number of events at the 2016 Rio Olympics, including swimming, boxing, judo and taekwondo.