Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Two more Egyptians qualify for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Reem Kassem has qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics in the 10km swimming marathon, while her compatriot Anas Beshr will compete in the 400m running event.
Kassem clocked 2:00:13.20 in the women’s 10km race at the FINA marathon swimming Olympic Games qualification tournament in Setubal, Portugal on Saturday.
She finished 32nd in the open water swimming event but managed to earn her Olympic spot through the continental quota allocation.
Meanwhile, sprinter Anas Beshr has booked his ticket to Rio after winning the gold medal in the 400m race at the Star Athletics Pro Meet in Montverde, Florida. He clocked 45.40 seconds to set a new national record for Egypt.
More than 100 Egyptian athletes have qualified to compete at a number of events at the 2016 Rio Olympics, including swimming, boxing, judo and taekwondo.