Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
Two more Egyptians qualify for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Reem Kassem has qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics in the 10km swimming marathon, while her compatriot Anas Beshr will compete in the 400m running event.
Kassem clocked 2:00:13.20 in the women’s 10km race at the FINA marathon swimming Olympic Games qualification tournament in Setubal, Portugal on Saturday.
She finished 32nd in the open water swimming event but managed to earn her Olympic spot through the continental quota allocation.
Meanwhile, sprinter Anas Beshr has booked his ticket to Rio after winning the gold medal in the 400m race at the Star Athletics Pro Meet in Montverde, Florida. He clocked 45.40 seconds to set a new national record for Egypt.
More than 100 Egyptian athletes have qualified to compete at a number of events at the 2016 Rio Olympics, including swimming, boxing, judo and taekwondo.