Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Two more Egyptians qualify for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Reem Kassem has qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics in the 10km swimming marathon, while her compatriot Anas Beshr will compete in the 400m running event.
Kassem clocked 2:00:13.20 in the women’s 10km race at the FINA marathon swimming Olympic Games qualification tournament in Setubal, Portugal on Saturday.
She finished 32nd in the open water swimming event but managed to earn her Olympic spot through the continental quota allocation.
Meanwhile, sprinter Anas Beshr has booked his ticket to Rio after winning the gold medal in the 400m race at the Star Athletics Pro Meet in Montverde, Florida. He clocked 45.40 seconds to set a new national record for Egypt.
More than 100 Egyptian athletes have qualified to compete at a number of events at the 2016 Rio Olympics, including swimming, boxing, judo and taekwondo.