Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Two more Egyptians qualify for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Reem Kassem has qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics in the 10km swimming marathon, while her compatriot Anas Beshr will compete in the 400m running event.
Kassem clocked 2:00:13.20 in the women’s 10km race at the FINA marathon swimming Olympic Games qualification tournament in Setubal, Portugal on Saturday.
She finished 32nd in the open water swimming event but managed to earn her Olympic spot through the continental quota allocation.
Meanwhile, sprinter Anas Beshr has booked his ticket to Rio after winning the gold medal in the 400m race at the Star Athletics Pro Meet in Montverde, Florida. He clocked 45.40 seconds to set a new national record for Egypt.
More than 100 Egyptian athletes have qualified to compete at a number of events at the 2016 Rio Olympics, including swimming, boxing, judo and taekwondo.