Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Fathi scores as Zamalek edge El-Shorta
The Whites nearly opened the scoreline five minutes into the game, however, Mahmoud Kahraba’s shot was deflected by El-Shorta’s defender.
Just 3 minutes later, El-Shorta nearly scored, however, Mohamed Bassiouny’s effort went just wide.
At the 18th minute El-Shorta’s Salah Rico was shown a yellow card for stimulation, after falling inside the 18-yard box.
Zamalek managed to break the deadlock, as Mohmed Ibrahim’s shot found the back of the net following a marvelous assist by Kahraba.
Just 4 minutes before halftime, Hazem Emam could’ve doubled the White Knights’ lead,however his shot only found the side netting.
Both teams failed to score further goals until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
Bassem Morsy doubled Zamalek’s lead, after sending the ball home from the penalty spot just three minutes into the second half.
At the 53rd minute Gennesh’s spectacular save denied El-Shorta their first goal.
Seven minutes later, Mostafa Fathi scored Zamalek’s third goal after cutting into the box and placing the ball accurately into the top right corner.
Abdoulaye Cisse missed a one-on-one chance after getting past Genesh ,however, his shot was cleared off the line by Mohamed Gomaa.
El-Shorta managed to pull one back in the 72nd minute, as Said Kamal managed to convert a deflected corner kick past Gennesh.
At the 80th minute Said Kamal nearly doubled his tally, but his chip shot was saved by Gennesh. Just 3 minutes later Salah Rico El-Shorta’s second goal after converting Omar Kamal’s Ground cross into the back of the net.
The win takes Zamalek within 5 points of bitter rivals Al Ahly in the race for the Egyptian Premier League, although the Reds have a game in hand. Ittihad El-Shorta stay on 22 points and are now officially relegated.