Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Fathi scores as Zamalek edge El-Shorta
Mostafa Fathi scores a stunning goal as Zamalek beat Ittihad El-Shorta 3-2 in the 31st fixture of the Egyptian Premier League.
The Whites nearly opened the scoreline five minutes into the game, however, Mahmoud Kahraba’s shot was deflected by El-Shorta’s defender.
Just 3 minutes later, El-Shorta nearly scored, however, Mohamed Bassiouny’s effort went just wide.
At the 18th minute El-Shorta’s Salah Rico was shown a yellow card for stimulation, after falling inside the 18-yard box.
Zamalek managed to break the deadlock, as Mohmed Ibrahim’s shot found the back of the net following a marvelous assist by Kahraba.
Just 4 minutes before halftime, Hazem Emam could’ve doubled the White Knights’ lead,however his shot only found the side netting.
Both teams failed to score further goals until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
Bassem Morsy doubled Zamalek’s lead, after sending the ball home from the penalty spot just three minutes into the second half.
At the 53rd minute Gennesh’s spectacular save denied El-Shorta their first goal.
Seven minutes later, Mostafa Fathi scored Zamalek’s third goal after cutting into the box and placing the ball accurately into the top right corner.
Abdoulaye Cisse missed a one-on-one chance after getting past Genesh ,however, his shot was cleared off the line by Mohamed Gomaa.
El-Shorta managed to pull one back in the 72nd minute, as Said Kamal managed to convert a deflected corner kick past Gennesh.
At the 80th minute Said Kamal nearly doubled his tally, but his chip shot was saved by Gennesh. Just 3 minutes later Salah Rico El-Shorta’s second goal after converting Omar Kamal’s Ground cross into the back of the net.
The win takes Zamalek within 5 points of bitter rivals Al Ahly in the race for the Egyptian Premier League, although the Reds have a game in hand. Ittihad El-Shorta stay on 22 points and are now officially relegated.