Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
El-Shennawy discusses his Zamalek future
The previous period has seen rumors concerning Shennawy’s desire to leave the White Knights but the Egypt international goalkeeper denied them.
“As long as I feel the psychological and financial comfort at Zamalek, I will continue with the team.
“I am happy at Zamalek, although things in the past period were not so stable,” said El-Shennawy in an interview with Al Hayat 2 channel.
The 25-year-old also denied news reports that linked him with a move to arch-rivals Al Ahly.
“I did not negotiate with Al Ahly at all and I’ve made up my mind to continue with Zamalek,” he explained.
He also talked about his goals for the future, saying that playing abroad remains to be his dream. He has previously stated that he has always dreamt of moving to England.
Shennawy, who joined Zamalek from Al Masry during the 2014 summer transfer window, played a vital role in helping the White Knights win the Egyptian Premier League title last season.