The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
El-Shennawy discusses his Zamalek future
The previous period has seen rumors concerning Shennawy’s desire to leave the White Knights but the Egypt international goalkeeper denied them.
“As long as I feel the psychological and financial comfort at Zamalek, I will continue with the team.
“I am happy at Zamalek, although things in the past period were not so stable,” said El-Shennawy in an interview with Al Hayat 2 channel.
The 25-year-old also denied news reports that linked him with a move to arch-rivals Al Ahly.
“I did not negotiate with Al Ahly at all and I’ve made up my mind to continue with Zamalek,” he explained.
He also talked about his goals for the future, saying that playing abroad remains to be his dream. He has previously stated that he has always dreamt of moving to England.
“I hope to achieve what Mohamed Salah and Elneny achieved in Europe,” he concluded.
Shennawy, who joined Zamalek from Al Masry during the 2014 summer transfer window, played a vital role in helping the White Knights win the Egyptian Premier League title last season.