Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Marwan El-Amrawy and Reem Kassem qualify to Rio
National team swimmer Marwan El-Amrawy successfully qualified to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro which will start in August.
El-Amrawy won the open water 10km swimming race in the international championship held in Portugal. Reem Kassem also won the same race for women and managed to rank number one among other fellow african swimmers in the championship.
From his side, Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz expressed his happiness towards the achievements made by the swimming team, assuring that the ministry along with the olympic committee will be supporting all sports federations.
This makes the total number of Egyptian athletes who qualified to the summer Olympic Games to 120 athletes. Hopes are high on the swimming team which includes champions like Farida Osman and Ahmed Akram.