Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Marwan El-Amrawy and Reem Kassem qualify to Rio
National team swimmer Marwan El-Amrawy successfully qualified to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro which will start in August.
El-Amrawy won the open water 10km swimming race in the international championship held in Portugal. Reem Kassem also won the same race for women and managed to rank number one among other fellow african swimmers in the championship.
From his side, Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz expressed his happiness towards the achievements made by the swimming team, assuring that the ministry along with the olympic committee will be supporting all sports federations.
This makes the total number of Egyptian athletes who qualified to the summer Olympic Games to 120 athletes. Hopes are high on the swimming team which includes champions like Farida Osman and Ahmed Akram.