Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Martin Jol: We’re still league leaders
It was no easy match for Al Ahly as Hossam Hassan’s men were on top of their game and the Red Devils weren’t completely present in the match, failing to overturn a 3-0 deficit to lose 3-2. A performance to forget from Jol’s players.
Al Ahly remain on top of the Egyptian Premier League however, five points ahead of 2014/15 league winners Zamalek with three matches remaining.
Commenting on the title race after the match, Jol said, “I have faith in my players to complete the title race. We only need four points from the coming three matches to win the league.”
“It was a tough day and there’s no one to blame but ourselves. The defensive mistake that lead to the first goal was reason for the players’ confusion in the first half.”
“We made many mistakes, we had to be defensively better. We also had to move the ball in Al Masry’s midfield in a better way.”
Jol commenting on the unfortunate events of the match said, “The tide was against us, we hit the post three times and Evouna, Sobhy and Zakaria got injured.”
“Congratulations for Al Masry, they played very well converting the few chances they had in the match scoring three goals from four chances,” Jol concluded.