Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Martin Jol: We’re still league leaders
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol expressed his trust in his players despite losing to Al Masry 3-2 in the Egyptian Premier League on Monday.
It was no easy match for Al Ahly as Hossam Hassan’s men were on top of their game and the Red Devils weren’t completely present in the match, failing to overturn a 3-0 deficit to lose 3-2. A performance to forget from Jol’s players.
Al Ahly remain on top of the Egyptian Premier League however, five points ahead of 2014/15 league winners Zamalek with three matches remaining.
Commenting on the title race after the match, Jol said, “I have faith in my players to complete the title race. We only need four points from the coming three matches to win the league.”
“It was a tough day and there’s no one to blame but ourselves. The defensive mistake that lead to the first goal was reason for the players’ confusion in the first half.”
“We made many mistakes, we had to be defensively better. We also had to move the ball in Al Masry’s midfield in a better way.”
Jol commenting on the unfortunate events of the match said, “The tide was against us, we hit the post three times and Evouna, Sobhy and Zakaria got injured.”
“Congratulations for Al Masry, they played very well converting the few chances they had in the match scoring three goals from four chances,” Jol concluded.