Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Zesco without top scorer Jesse Were for Al Ahly clash
Zesco are set to kickoff their group stage matches against Egyptian powerhouse Al Ahly at Levy Patrick Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola on Saturday.
The Confederation of African Football communicated to the club to remind them about the suspension of the two players who are accumulating two yellow cards in the tournament.
The Kenyan player is Zesco’s talismanic striker having scored 10 league goals to lead the 2016 Zambia Super League top scorers chart after 15 games.
He also netted two goals in the CAF Champions League this season, as he scored against Guinean Horoya AC while his other goal was during his side’s 2-1 win against Stade Malien.
Ben Adama, who will also miss the game, opened his Zesco’s scoring account last weekend in the league against Nkana who beat Al Ahly on their last trip to Zambia.
However, Congolese striker Idris Ilunga Mbombo, who has scored four goals in the CAF Champions League, is available for selection.
Zesco reached the group stage after beating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A alongside Al Ahly, ASEC Mimosas, and Wydad Casablanca.