After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Zesco without top scorer Jesse Were for Al Ahly clash
Zesco are set to kickoff their group stage matches against Egyptian powerhouse Al Ahly at Levy Patrick Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola on Saturday.
The Confederation of African Football communicated to the club to remind them about the suspension of the two players who are accumulating two yellow cards in the tournament.
The Kenyan player is Zesco’s talismanic striker having scored 10 league goals to lead the 2016 Zambia Super League top scorers chart after 15 games.
He also netted two goals in the CAF Champions League this season, as he scored against Guinean Horoya AC while his other goal was during his side’s 2-1 win against Stade Malien.
Ben Adama, who will also miss the game, opened his Zesco’s scoring account last weekend in the league against Nkana who beat Al Ahly on their last trip to Zambia.
However, Congolese striker Idris Ilunga Mbombo, who has scored four goals in the CAF Champions League, is available for selection.
Zesco reached the group stage after beating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A alongside Al Ahly, ASEC Mimosas, and Wydad Casablanca.