Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Zesco without top scorer Jesse Were for Al Ahly clash
Zambian Champions Zesco United will be without their leading scorer Jesse Were and defender Ben Adama when they host Al Ahly in CAF Champions League Group A opener.
Zesco are set to kickoff their group stage matches against Egyptian powerhouse Al Ahly at Levy Patrick Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola on Saturday.
The Confederation of African Football communicated to the club to remind them about the suspension of the two players who are accumulating two yellow cards in the tournament.
The Kenyan player is Zesco’s talismanic striker having scored 10 league goals to lead the 2016 Zambia Super League top scorers chart after 15 games.
He also netted two goals in the CAF Champions League this season, as he scored against Guinean Horoya AC while his other goal was during his side’s 2-1 win against Stade Malien.
Ben Adama, who will also miss the game, opened his Zesco’s scoring account last weekend in the league against Nkana who beat Al Ahly on their last trip to Zambia.
However, Congolese striker Idris Ilunga Mbombo, who has scored four goals in the CAF Champions League, is available for selection.
Zesco reached the group stage after beating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A alongside Al Ahly, ASEC Mimosas, and Wydad Casablanca.