Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Al Ahly reveal length of Evouna’s injury absence
Evouna was replaced by John Antwi shortly before the break as he was unable to continue the game which witnessed Al Ahly’s 3-2 loss to the Port Said-based team.
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that Evouna sustained an ankle ligament injury that will rule the Gabon international for the next three weeks.
The 23-year-old joins the injury list at Al Ahly, which includes Abdallah El-Said who was ruled out for four weeks and Ahmed Hegazy.
The former Wydad Casablanca player will miss the club’s trip to Zambia as the Egyptian Premier League leaders travel to face Zesco United in the first round of CAF champions League group stage on Saturday. He will also miss his side’s matches against ASEC Mimosas in the group stage and Ismaily in the league.
Meanwhile, Zesco United will miss their leading scorer Jesse Were and defender Ben Adama during their Group A opener against Al Ahly.