Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Al Ahly reveal length of Evouna’s injury absence
Evouna was replaced by John Antwi shortly before the break as he was unable to continue the game which witnessed Al Ahly’s 3-2 loss to the Port Said-based team.
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that Evouna sustained an ankle ligament injury that will rule the Gabon international for the next three weeks.
The 23-year-old joins the injury list at Al Ahly, which includes Abdallah El-Said who was ruled out for four weeks and Ahmed Hegazy.
The former Wydad Casablanca player will miss the club’s trip to Zambia as the Egyptian Premier League leaders travel to face Zesco United in the first round of CAF champions League group stage on Saturday. He will also miss his side’s matches against ASEC Mimosas in the group stage and Ismaily in the league.
Meanwhile, Zesco United will miss their leading scorer Jesse Were and defender Ben Adama during their Group A opener against Al Ahly.