Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Enyimba’s Goalkeeper: We hope to start the competition by winning
Enyimba is set to kickoff their Champions league Group B campaign by hosting Egypt’s Giant Zamalek on Saturday at the Adokiye Amasiemaka Stadium.
Afelokhai has made it clear that his team aims to start their Champions League campaign with a win against the White Knights.
“We hope to start the competition by winning, but we also understand that our opponents are a good team,” he told AfricanFootball.com
The 28-year-old stated that they are ready to face the confident and experienced Zamalek side.
“They have won the competition several times and they will be coming with a lot of confidence and experience and we must be ready for that,” he continued.
Afelokhai predicted that it will be tight encounter when they face the five-times African Champions Zamalek.
“I think it will be tight, because we are also former champions of the competition and they will have that at the back of their minds too,” he concluded.
The Nigerian Champions lies in Group B along with Zamalek, ES Setif and Mamelodi Sundowns FC.