Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
PHOTO: FIFA to release new special ranking for Africa
Football governing body FIFA has decided on the establishment of a new special ranking for Africa to be released later this month.
KingFut exclusively revealed the transcript of the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) complaint to FIFA a few days ago regarding the special ranking.
Following the complaint sent to FIFA & CAF officials, the earlier have confirmed to the EFA the establishment of a new official special ranking for African nations on the 21st of June.
An issue arised regarding the matter after Egypt had dropped two places in the special June ranking for African countries, to 7th spot and pot two in the African World Cup Qualifiers, despite being ranking 5th in Africa in the months of May, June and even July.
Below is a photo of the letter sent from FIFA to the EFA.
The ranking will be conducted and released on the 21st where Egypt will be almost 16 points above Tunisia and so the Pharaos will return to Pot 1.