Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
PHOTO: FIFA to release new special ranking for Africa
Football governing body FIFA has decided on the establishment of a new special ranking for Africa to be released later this month.
KingFut exclusively revealed the transcript of the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) complaint to FIFA a few days ago regarding the special ranking.
Following the complaint sent to FIFA & CAF officials, the earlier have confirmed to the EFA the establishment of a new official special ranking for African nations on the 21st of June.
An issue arised regarding the matter after Egypt had dropped two places in the special June ranking for African countries, to 7th spot and pot two in the African World Cup Qualifiers, despite being ranking 5th in Africa in the months of May, June and even July.
Below is a photo of the letter sent from FIFA to the EFA.
The ranking will be conducted and released on the 21st where Egypt will be almost 16 points above Tunisia and so the Pharaos will return to Pot 1.