Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Official: Ismaily announce signing of Amro Tarek
Amro Tarek’s next destination has now been confirmed after Ismaily announced the signing of the Egyptian defender on Wednesday night, who joins the Daraweesh on a four-year deal.
The 24-year-old left-back joined Real Betis from El-Gouna on a four-year deal during the summer of 2015 but terminated his contract on mutual consent earlier this week, after failing to make a single competitive appearance for the La Liga side.
Amro was loaned to Columbus Crew last February, becoming the first Egyptian to make an appearance in MLS, but was limited to a single late substitute appearance. His term was ended abruptly after the Ohio-based club released a statement stating it would be “difficult to provide Amro regular First Team minutes.”
Welcome Amro Tarek! pic.twitter.com/7SHYMc0W3u
— Ismaily SC (@ismailyofficial) June 15, 2016
The former Wolfsburg youth player was heavily linked to Al Ahly, Zamalek and ENPPI before sealing his return to Egypt with Ismaily.