Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Tunisia Ligue 1 to change format from 2016/17 season
The Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) has approved a drastic changed in format for Ligue 1, to be implemented starting next season.
Ligue 1 – the country’s top tier – was previously played as a 16 team league with a round-robin schedule (home and away), and will now be divided into two groups of eight teams.
The top six teams in the division (three from each group) will be placed in a title play-off group to determine the league champions.
The eighth-placed team in each group will be automatically relegated to Ligue 2, while the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh placed teams in each group will form an eight-team relegation play-off group.
Etoile Sportive du Sahel are the defending champions, having sealed the title last week on the penultimate matchday.