Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Tunisia Ligue 1 to change format from 2016/17 season
The Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) has approved a drastic changed in format for Ligue 1, to be implemented starting next season.
Ligue 1 – the country’s top tier – was previously played as a 16 team league with a round-robin schedule (home and away), and will now be divided into two groups of eight teams.
The top six teams in the division (three from each group) will be placed in a title play-off group to determine the league champions.
The eighth-placed team in each group will be automatically relegated to Ligue 2, while the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh placed teams in each group will form an eight-team relegation play-off group.
Etoile Sportive du Sahel are the defending champions, having sealed the title last week on the penultimate matchday.