AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Tunisia Ligue 1 to change format from 2016/17 season
The Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) has approved a drastic changed in format for Ligue 1, to be implemented starting next season.
Ligue 1 – the country’s top tier – was previously played as a 16 team league with a round-robin schedule (home and away), and will now be divided into two groups of eight teams.
The top six teams in the division (three from each group) will be placed in a title play-off group to determine the league champions.
The eighth-placed team in each group will be automatically relegated to Ligue 2, while the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh placed teams in each group will form an eight-team relegation play-off group.
Etoile Sportive du Sahel are the defending champions, having sealed the title last week on the penultimate matchday.