Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Tunisia Ligue 1 to change format from 2016/17 season
The Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) has approved a drastic changed in format for Ligue 1, to be implemented starting next season.
Ligue 1 – the country’s top tier – was previously played as a 16 team league with a round-robin schedule (home and away), and will now be divided into two groups of eight teams.
The top six teams in the division (three from each group) will be placed in a title play-off group to determine the league champions.
The eighth-placed team in each group will be automatically relegated to Ligue 2, while the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh placed teams in each group will form an eight-team relegation play-off group.
Etoile Sportive du Sahel are the defending champions, having sealed the title last week on the penultimate matchday.