KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Idris Mbombo ruled out of Al Ahly clash
Zesco’s top goal scorer in the Champions League with 4 goals missed the team’s training session on Thursday after suffering from a back injury.
“Mbombo is still undergoing physio but he is responding well to treatment and we thought that maybe for this game that we rest him,” Zesco team physician Dr Stephen Mbewe told the club’s official website.
“Apart from that we don’t have any other injuries and everyone is OK,” Mbewe concluded.
The 20-year-old is the third player from the Zambian side to miss Saturday’s clash with Al Ahly, after striker Jesse Were and defender Ben Banh were suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
Zesco United qualified to the group-stages after defeating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A that joins eight-time winners Al Ahly, Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas.