The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Idris Mbombo ruled out of Al Ahly clash
Zesco’s top goal scorer in the Champions League with 4 goals missed the team’s training session on Thursday after suffering from a back injury.
“Mbombo is still undergoing physio but he is responding well to treatment and we thought that maybe for this game that we rest him,” Zesco team physician Dr Stephen Mbewe told the club’s official website.
“Apart from that we don’t have any other injuries and everyone is OK,” Mbewe concluded.
The 20-year-old is the third player from the Zambian side to miss Saturday’s clash with Al Ahly, after striker Jesse Were and defender Ben Banh were suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
Zesco United qualified to the group-stages after defeating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A that joins eight-time winners Al Ahly, Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas.