Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Idris Mbombo ruled out of Al Ahly clash
Zesco’s top goal scorer in the Champions League with 4 goals missed the team’s training session on Thursday after suffering from a back injury.
“Mbombo is still undergoing physio but he is responding well to treatment and we thought that maybe for this game that we rest him,” Zesco team physician Dr Stephen Mbewe told the club’s official website.
“Apart from that we don’t have any other injuries and everyone is OK,” Mbewe concluded.
The 20-year-old is the third player from the Zambian side to miss Saturday’s clash with Al Ahly, after striker Jesse Were and defender Ben Banh were suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
Zesco United qualified to the group-stages after defeating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A that joins eight-time winners Al Ahly, Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas.