Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
Idris Mbombo ruled out of Al Ahly clash
Zesco’s top goal scorer in the Champions League with 4 goals missed the team’s training session on Thursday after suffering from a back injury.
“Mbombo is still undergoing physio but he is responding well to treatment and we thought that maybe for this game that we rest him,” Zesco team physician Dr Stephen Mbewe told the club’s official website.
“Apart from that we don’t have any other injuries and everyone is OK,” Mbewe concluded.
The 20-year-old is the third player from the Zambian side to miss Saturday’s clash with Al Ahly, after striker Jesse Were and defender Ben Banh were suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
Zesco United qualified to the group-stages after defeating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A that joins eight-time winners Al Ahly, Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas.