Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Idris Mbombo ruled out of Al Ahly clash
Zesco’s top goal scorer in the Champions League with 4 goals missed the team’s training session on Thursday after suffering from a back injury.
“Mbombo is still undergoing physio but he is responding well to treatment and we thought that maybe for this game that we rest him,” Zesco team physician Dr Stephen Mbewe told the club’s official website.
“Apart from that we don’t have any other injuries and everyone is OK,” Mbewe concluded.
The 20-year-old is the third player from the Zambian side to miss Saturday’s clash with Al Ahly, after striker Jesse Were and defender Ben Banh were suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
Zesco United qualified to the group-stages after defeating Stade Malien 5-2 on aggregate and were drawn in Group A that joins eight-time winners Al Ahly, Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas.