Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Martin Jol: We have to overcome injuries, Abdallah El-Said irreplaceable
Al Ahly are in Group A which includes Zesco United, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca.
The Red Devils will enter the game without their two of their top scorers in the domestic competition, Egypt international Abdallah El-Said and Gabon’s Malick Evouna, who are set to be sidelined for 3-4 weeks.
“Many injuries have hit the team, Abdallah El-Said and Evouna but we now retrieved Ahmed Hegazy,” Jol said in the press conference ahead of facing the Zambian side.
“Abdallah El-Said is irreplaceable at Al Ahly, due to the big number of injuries I’m considering to play (laughs). We have to overcome the injuries hurdle. [Emad] Meteb is a great player and he recovered his fitness and he will soon have an important role with the team, I am forced to choose a certain amount of players. Same goes for Antwi and El-Sheikh, both are important and will have their chance in the adequate moment.”
“All Al Ahly fans are coaches now, we have 70 million coach. I felt upset after Al Masry defeat, we are still on the top of the table and big clubs recover quickly,” he concluded.