Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Martin Jol: We have to overcome injuries, Abdallah El-Said irreplaceable
Al Ahly are in Group A which includes Zesco United, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca.
The Red Devils will enter the game without their two of their top scorers in the domestic competition, Egypt international Abdallah El-Said and Gabon’s Malick Evouna, who are set to be sidelined for 3-4 weeks.
“Many injuries have hit the team, Abdallah El-Said and Evouna but we now retrieved Ahmed Hegazy,” Jol said in the press conference ahead of facing the Zambian side.
“Abdallah El-Said is irreplaceable at Al Ahly, due to the big number of injuries I’m considering to play (laughs). We have to overcome the injuries hurdle. [Emad] Meteb is a great player and he recovered his fitness and he will soon have an important role with the team, I am forced to choose a certain amount of players. Same goes for Antwi and El-Sheikh, both are important and will have their chance in the adequate moment.”
“All Al Ahly fans are coaches now, we have 70 million coach. I felt upset after Al Masry defeat, we are still on the top of the table and big clubs recover quickly,” he concluded.