Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Martin Jol: We have to overcome injuries, Abdallah El-Said irreplaceable
Al Ahly are in Group A which includes Zesco United, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca.
The Red Devils will enter the game without their two of their top scorers in the domestic competition, Egypt international Abdallah El-Said and Gabon’s Malick Evouna, who are set to be sidelined for 3-4 weeks.
“Many injuries have hit the team, Abdallah El-Said and Evouna but we now retrieved Ahmed Hegazy,” Jol said in the press conference ahead of facing the Zambian side.
“Abdallah El-Said is irreplaceable at Al Ahly, due to the big number of injuries I’m considering to play (laughs). We have to overcome the injuries hurdle. [Emad] Meteb is a great player and he recovered his fitness and he will soon have an important role with the team, I am forced to choose a certain amount of players. Same goes for Antwi and El-Sheikh, both are important and will have their chance in the adequate moment.”
“All Al Ahly fans are coaches now, we have 70 million coach. I felt upset after Al Masry defeat, we are still on the top of the table and big clubs recover quickly,” he concluded.