Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Martin Jol: We have to overcome injuries, Abdallah El-Said irreplaceable
Al Ahly are in Group A which includes Zesco United, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca.
The Red Devils will enter the game without their two of their top scorers in the domestic competition, Egypt international Abdallah El-Said and Gabon’s Malick Evouna, who are set to be sidelined for 3-4 weeks.
“Many injuries have hit the team, Abdallah El-Said and Evouna but we now retrieved Ahmed Hegazy,” Jol said in the press conference ahead of facing the Zambian side.
“Abdallah El-Said is irreplaceable at Al Ahly, due to the big number of injuries I’m considering to play (laughs). We have to overcome the injuries hurdle. [Emad] Meteb is a great player and he recovered his fitness and he will soon have an important role with the team, I am forced to choose a certain amount of players. Same goes for Antwi and El-Sheikh, both are important and will have their chance in the adequate moment.”
“All Al Ahly fans are coaches now, we have 70 million coach. I felt upset after Al Masry defeat, we are still on the top of the table and big clubs recover quickly,” he concluded.