In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Omar Gaber delighted after first FC Basel training session
Omar Gaber joined Basel in May after becoming a Zamalek legend in his six year spell at the White Knights.
Gaber, who will wear number 4 at Basel was happy with his first training session. He said, “Today the first training with me at FC Basel. I am really happy because I’m here now. Maybe the weather is completely different from Egypt so I hope I will adapt quick.”
He continued to talk about the weather saying it will actually improve him saying, “No, no I am happy with this weather, its helped me to play better.”
Omar Gaber who training whilst fasting for Ramadan said he felt tired but he is happy. He said, “Maybe I am a little bit tired because I am fasting because we are in Ramadan in my region. I didn’t eat anything or drink anything so I’m a little bit tired but I am happy and I hope I will continue and be good.”
The 24-year-old said he is settling in well and is getting to know most of the team. When asked about his teammates he said, “They are really good friends and teammates, I’m happy. I know the rest of the players they haven’t come yet, they are playing in the European Cup and as I told you I will adapt, I will adapt quickly.
Gaber expressed his delight at joining FC Basel saying, “It’s a big club in Europe, Mohamed Salah, Elneny and Hamoudi spoke with me about Basel, the fans, the club and about everything, so they told me very good words [things], so I am happy and proud to be here.”
Omar also added that he was sad to leave Egypt. He said, “The fans came to my house to say goodbye, I’m really happy because they came and said goodbye for me and I’m also sad because I left them but I am sure they are really happy because I am here and I hope I will do my best to be a good player and [win] championships in Basel.”
He ended by saying, “Its really hard for me to be a star I’m doing my job, I am working hard and I will do my best as I told you.”