Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Official: Zamalek sack Gamal Abdel-Hamid
Zamalek sacked director of football Gamal Abdel-Hamid, after the crises the team had in the training camp.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour have decided to sack the former Al Ahly and Zamalek player, after the latter decided not to travel to Nigeria with the team, which angered the club’s president.
The Whites had more than one problem in the last couple of weeks, most notably Mohamed Koffi’s one, who threatened to terminate his contract with the team due to unpaid wages, as well as Kahraba getting into a brawl with Tarek Hamed.
Abdel-Hamid was appointed as Zamalek’s director of football in April, as he took over at the club following the sacking of Alex McLeish’s Scottish assistant Frank Nuttall, along with Moussa El-Habashi.
Zamalek currently occupy the second place on 66 points in the Egyptian Premier League table, five points away from league leaders Al Ahly.