Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Official: Zamalek sack Gamal Abdel-Hamid
Zamalek sacked director of football Gamal Abdel-Hamid, after the crises the team had in the training camp.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour have decided to sack the former Al Ahly and Zamalek player, after the latter decided not to travel to Nigeria with the team, which angered the club’s president.
The Whites had more than one problem in the last couple of weeks, most notably Mohamed Koffi’s one, who threatened to terminate his contract with the team due to unpaid wages, as well as Kahraba getting into a brawl with Tarek Hamed.
Abdel-Hamid was appointed as Zamalek’s director of football in April, as he took over at the club following the sacking of Alex McLeish’s Scottish assistant Frank Nuttall, along with Moussa El-Habashi.
Zamalek currently occupy the second place on 66 points in the Egyptian Premier League table, five points away from league leaders Al Ahly.