Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Official: Zamalek sack Gamal Abdel-Hamid
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour have decided to sack the former Al Ahly and Zamalek player, after the latter decided not to travel to Nigeria with the team, which angered the club’s president.
The Whites had more than one problem in the last couple of weeks, most notably Mohamed Koffi’s one, who threatened to terminate his contract with the team due to unpaid wages, as well as Kahraba getting into a brawl with Tarek Hamed.
Abdel-Hamid was appointed as Zamalek’s director of football in April, as he took over at the club following the sacking of Alex McLeish’s Scottish assistant Frank Nuttall, along with Moussa El-Habashi.
Zamalek currently occupy the second place on 66 points in the Egyptian Premier League table, five points away from league leaders Al Ahly.