Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Al Ahly lose to Zesco in group stage opener
The hosts forced their control over the game and managed to put Al Ahly under pressure, challenging the Ahly backline and midfield from connecting.
Twenty minutes into the game, Sherif Ekramy denied the hosts from scoring the opening goal after saving a shot from outside the box.
Seven minutes later, John Ching’andu gave his side the lead through an excellent shot from outside the box.
It took Al Ahly only three minutes to equalise as Ghanaian striker John Antwi scored after a great pass from Ramadan Sobhy.
Hosts returned to control the midfield in an attmept to take the lead again but Ekramy managed to save two dangerous shots, as they headed down the tunnel with a 1-1 draw.
Four minutes into the second half, Clatous Chama restored the lead for the hosts after a corner kick from Kondwani Matonga.
In the 56th minute, Chama completed his brace as he scored the third goal for Zesco United after a counterattack.
At the one-hour mark, Martin Jol brought on Amr El-Sulaya and Walid Soliman to replace Hossam Ashour and Saleh Gomaa.
Eight minutes later, Antwi got his second after great work from Ramadan Sobhy to reduce the deficit to 3-2.
As Al Ahly were aiming to score an equaliser, Jol introduced veteran striker Emad Meteb instead of Sabry Rahil in the 70th minute.
Ten minutes after coming on, Meteb was close to adding Al Ahly’s third goal but his shot was saved by the goalkeeper.
Al Ahly failed to equalise as Zesco clinched the first three points in the group stage matches.
Zesco United currently top Group A, waiting for the other match between Wydad Casablanca and ASEC Mimosas which will take place on Saturday in Abidjan.