Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Basel host Sion in Swiss Super League opener
Gaber joined the Swiss side from Cairo giants Zamalek on a four-year deal in May to become the fourth Egyptian to join the team in the last four years after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
The opening weekend sees reigning champions FC Basel host FC Sion, who finished fifth last season, at St. Jakob-Park on July 24.
The RotBlau will host runners-up BSC Young Boys and their long-standing rivals Grasshopper Club Zürich on the fourth and the seventh round, respectively.
It’s worth noting that Gaber’s side are the defending champions after winning the league last season for the seventh time in a row.