Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Basel host Sion in Swiss Super League opener
Gaber joined the Swiss side from Cairo giants Zamalek on a four-year deal in May to become the fourth Egyptian to join the team in the last four years after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
The opening weekend sees reigning champions FC Basel host FC Sion, who finished fifth last season, at St. Jakob-Park on July 24.
The RotBlau will host runners-up BSC Young Boys and their long-standing rivals Grasshopper Club Zürich on the fourth and the seventh round, respectively.
It’s worth noting that Gaber’s side are the defending champions after winning the league last season for the seventh time in a row.