Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Basel host Sion in Swiss Super League opener
Gaber joined the Swiss side from Cairo giants Zamalek on a four-year deal in May to become the fourth Egyptian to join the team in the last four years after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
The opening weekend sees reigning champions FC Basel host FC Sion, who finished fifth last season, at St. Jakob-Park on July 24.
The RotBlau will host runners-up BSC Young Boys and their long-standing rivals Grasshopper Club Zürich on the fourth and the seventh round, respectively.
It’s worth noting that Gaber’s side are the defending champions after winning the league last season for the seventh time in a row.