KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
EXCLUSIVE | Enyimba striker Mfon Udoh aims to score against Zamalek
Enyimba F.C. striker Mfon Udoh confirms his objective to score and beat Zamalek in the CAF Champions League.
Enyimba host Zamalek on Sunday in the CAF Champions League group stages opener and will hope to emulate what ZESCO United did by beating Cairo giants Al Ahly.
Udoh is in super form in the CAF Champions League this season, scoring five goals in five matches.
“I go into every game with the objective of scoring but the main aspiration is to make sure that Enyimba gets the maximum three points of the game,” Mfon Udoh told KingFut.
Zamalek will be missing several key players such as Mohamed Koffi, Ayman Hefny, Ahmed Hamoudi and Shikabala. Udoh doesn’t think the absentees will affect the team as their manager did not stress on the importance of a particular player in the squad.
“The manager doesn’t pick or point at a particular player. I believe that every player in Zamalek and any other team is a good player. I do know some of their players as well,” Udoh claimed.
After his fine form in Africa this season, the Nigerian hitman is bound to attract interest from Egypt, who have a host of top African forwards such as John Antwi, Stanley Ohawuchi and Malick Evouna.
If the 24-year-old would look for a move to Egypt, he said: “This is kind of tricky. Well I’ll still put that into consideration.
In a group of several good teams such as Algeria’s E.S. Setif, Zamalek, ASEC Mimosas of Abidjan and Enyimba, Mfon Udoh has no doubt that any team can seal qualification to the semi-finals of the CAF Champions League.
“All our opponents are good teams with high profiles, but the better teams will qualify,” Udoh concluded.