The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Zesco United head coach George Lwandamina not fazed by Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s CAF Champions League opponents Zesco United have said they are ready for their match with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly take on Zambian side Zesco United in their first match in Group A of the CAF Champions League on Saturday.
Zesco head coach George Lwandamina hinted that his side were not fazed by the African giants. He told Zesco United’s website, “At sometime they [Al Ahly] were like Zesco. No one started as champions. Everyone starts from somewhere.”
He added, “So if we say they are champions and we quit, then there won’t be any football. We have to work as well and we don’t have limitations. They started from somewhere and Zesco is starting from somewhere.”
Zesco will also be without their strikers Idris Mbombo, who was ruled out after a back injury and Jesse Were who is suspended after picking up two yellow cards.
Were exclusively told KingFut.com that his side were confident in the build up to this match.