Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
ES Sétif Might Face Elimination After Fans Riots
As Mamelodi Sundowns were heading towards their first group stage win, chaos erupted in the 91st minute by angry fans who invaded the pitch. Players were pulled off the pitch and then went back in to wait till safety precautions were made. A few minutes later, the final whistle was blown and the referee decided to end the match.
Black Eagles might face eliminations for the championship, in addition to sanctions as the third item of article 12 of the CAF’s regulations states:
If the referee is forced to stop the match before the end of the regular time because of invasion of the field or aggression against the visiting team, the host team shall be considered loser and shall be eliminated from the competition, without prejudice to the sanctions existing in the regulations.
A similar situation happened back in 2012 with Etoile Sportive du Sahel in Tunisia, as the team was disqualified from the tournament and sanctions were applied.
Zamalek will be hosting ES Sétif in the second round of the championship.