Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
ES Sétif Might Face Elimination After Fans Riots
As Mamelodi Sundowns were heading towards their first group stage win, chaos erupted in the 91st minute by angry fans who invaded the pitch. Players were pulled off the pitch and then went back in to wait till safety precautions were made. A few minutes later, the final whistle was blown and the referee decided to end the match.
Black Eagles might face eliminations for the championship, in addition to sanctions as the third item of article 12 of the CAF’s regulations states:
If the referee is forced to stop the match before the end of the regular time because of invasion of the field or aggression against the visiting team, the host team shall be considered loser and shall be eliminated from the competition, without prejudice to the sanctions existing in the regulations.
A similar situation happened back in 2012 with Etoile Sportive du Sahel in Tunisia, as the team was disqualified from the tournament and sanctions were applied.
Zamalek will be hosting ES Sétif in the second round of the championship.