Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Eight Lebanese athletes qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics
The Lebanese Olympic Committee have confirmed that eight of their athletes will compete at the Rio 2016 Olympic games.
Four athletes achieved the qualifying standards in their respective sports automatically qualifying them for the Olympics. They are runner Chirine Njeim, table tennis player Mariana Sahakyan, Judo player Naif Elias and finally fencer Mona Shaito.
The four other athletes, swimmes Gabriella Doueihy and Anthony Barbar, shooter Ray Bassil and lastly canoeist Richard Merjan all qualified through a wildcard system.
The International Olympic Committee offer wildcards to those athletes who have not met the needed entry requirement.
It is worth noting that in the London 2012 Olympic games Lebanon sent ten athletes with the last Olympic medal coming in 1980 when Hassan Bchara won a bronze medal in the Men’s Greco-Roman Super Heavyweight wrestling.