Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Eight Lebanese athletes qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics
The Lebanese Olympic Committee have confirmed that eight of their athletes will compete at the Rio 2016 Olympic games.
Four athletes achieved the qualifying standards in their respective sports automatically qualifying them for the Olympics. They are runner Chirine Njeim, table tennis player Mariana Sahakyan, Judo player Naif Elias and finally fencer Mona Shaito.
The four other athletes, swimmes Gabriella Doueihy and Anthony Barbar, shooter Ray Bassil and lastly canoeist Richard Merjan all qualified through a wildcard system.
The International Olympic Committee offer wildcards to those athletes who have not met the needed entry requirement.
It is worth noting that in the London 2012 Olympic games Lebanon sent ten athletes with the last Olympic medal coming in 1980 when Hassan Bchara won a bronze medal in the Men’s Greco-Roman Super Heavyweight wrestling.