Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE | Enyimba boss Aigbogun: We dominated Zamalek
Zamalek managed to come out with full points from Port Harcourt stadium in Nigeria under what could only be described as disastrous pitch conditions in the CAF Champions League group stages opener.
Following the match, Enyimba boss Paul Aigbogun expressed his disappointment at the outcome of the match.
“Firstly congratulations to your country, we feel disappointed at the result, but not the overall performance,” Aigbogun told KingFut.
“We dominated the game but unfortunately conceded in my opinion a goal through an error.
“The weather made it a tough game for both sides. It is hard to say if the match should’ve went ahead or not as I’m not sure of the factors they (officials) took into account,” Aigbogun continued.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) June 19, 2016
The manager finally concluded by congratulating Zamalek on their win.
Enyimba lie in third place in the group following the loss, with ES Setif occupying bottom spot, Zamalek second & Mamelodi Sundowns at the summit after conclusion of the first round.