Mamelodi Sundowns have lodged a complaint with CAF against Zamalek after the hosts refused to...
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
EXCLUSIVE | John Utaka confirms to KingFut Ismaily return
Former Nigeria international John Chukwudi Utaka is set to return to Egypt’s Ismaily.
John Utaka has confirmed to KingFut that he’s on the verge of returning to Ismaily, 16 years after leaving the club.
Speaking to KingFut, Utaka confirmed negotiations are at an advanced stage. “Yes it’s true, I have been offered a pre-contract by Ismaily and we’re in the process of finalising the deal. As you know as a professional player you get to be offered a pre-contract first then you can sign the contract. That step has been done.
“All that remains now is my signature, you can say that it is 99% complete. I’m currently in Nigeria but will head to France before going to Egypt,” Utaka confirmed.
Utaka, 34, enjoyed a successful period with the Daraweesh from 1999-2001, winning the Egypt Cup and league top scorer.
Before joining Ismaily, Utaka had made his name at Arab Contractors where he joined them in 1998, making over 40 appearances.
The player is currently a free agent after leaving Turkish side Sivasspor.
Utaka is set to become Ismaily’s second signing ahead of the new season after the team managed to capture the signature of former Real Betis defender Amro Tarek.