Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
EXCLUSIVE | John Utaka confirms to KingFut Ismaily return
Former Nigeria international John Chukwudi Utaka is set to return to Egypt’s Ismaily.
John Utaka has confirmed to KingFut that he’s on the verge of returning to Ismaily, 16 years after leaving the club.
Speaking to KingFut, Utaka confirmed negotiations are at an advanced stage. “Yes it’s true, I have been offered a pre-contract by Ismaily and we’re in the process of finalising the deal. As you know as a professional player you get to be offered a pre-contract first then you can sign the contract. That step has been done.
“All that remains now is my signature, you can say that it is 99% complete. I’m currently in Nigeria but will head to France before going to Egypt,” Utaka confirmed.
Utaka, 34, enjoyed a successful period with the Daraweesh from 1999-2001, winning the Egypt Cup and league top scorer.
Before joining Ismaily, Utaka had made his name at Arab Contractors where he joined them in 1998, making over 40 appearances.
The player is currently a free agent after leaving Turkish side Sivasspor.
Utaka is set to become Ismaily’s second signing ahead of the new season after the team managed to capture the signature of former Real Betis defender Amro Tarek.