Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Helmy: Zamalek carried out gameplan perfectly
Zamalek manager Mohamed Helmy lauded the efforts of his team after their 1-0 victory over Enyimba in Nigeria, praising their perfect execution of his gameplan.
Zamalek defeated Enyimba in their opening game of the CAF Champions League group stages, despite playing in incredible conditions of a waterlogged pitch. The win puts Zamalek in second place of their group, behind South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns on goal difference.
After the match, Helmy remarked, “The players carried out the gameplan perfectly, so I congratulate and thank them, because they fought like men.”
He continued, “Zamalek fought in the match while playing in abnormal conditions, in which any other team would have opposed.
The White Knights manager expressed his pleasure at the team’s great performance and the importance of securing a win in their opening group stage match.
Meanwhile, Enyimba meanwhile Paul Aigbogun expressed his displeasure at the result, but he was happy with the performance of his team.
“Firstly congratulations to your country, we feel disappointed at the result, but not the overall performance,” Aigbogun told KingFut.
“We dominated the game but unfortunately conceded in my opinion a goal through an error.
“The weather made it a tough game for both sides. It is hard to say if the match should’ve went ahead or not as I’m not sure of the factors they (officials) took into account,” Aigbogun continued.
Furthermore, the final group member ES Setif may face elimination from the competition due to crowd trouble.