Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Official: Roma complete signing of Stephan El Shaarawy
AS Roma have officially announced the signing of Italian-Egyptian winger Stephan El Shaarawy on a permanent deal from AC Milan.
Shaarawy was loaned to Roma in January with an option to buy that was used by the Giallorossi on Tuesday. Roma paid €13 million in a four year deal that expires on 30 June 2020.
The 23-year-old was loaned to Monaco at the beginning of last season with a mandatory option to buy that wasn’t exercised by the Ligue 1 club as the player didn’t complete the minimum amount of appearances needed.
After that he was loaned to Roma where he impressed after appearing 18 times for the club in all competitions scoring eight goals and providing two assists.
“Today is a very special day for me because I am now a Roma player in every way,” El Shaarawy said to the club’s official website
“I would like to thank the president, Mr Pallotta, sporting director Walter Sabatini, coach Luciano Spalletti, my teammates and the entire AS Roma staff for the faith they have shown in me from day one – and especially the Giallorossi fans, who welcomed me with warmth and affection.”
It’s worth noting that El Shaarawy is now in France as part of Antonio Conte’s Italy squad in the 2016 Euro.