Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Official: Roma complete signing of Stephan El Shaarawy
AS Roma have officially announced the signing of Italian-Egyptian winger Stephan El Shaarawy on a permanent deal from AC Milan.
Shaarawy was loaned to Roma in January with an option to buy that was used by the Giallorossi on Tuesday. Roma paid €13 million in a four year deal that expires on 30 June 2020.
The 23-year-old was loaned to Monaco at the beginning of last season with a mandatory option to buy that wasn’t exercised by the Ligue 1 club as the player didn’t complete the minimum amount of appearances needed.
After that he was loaned to Roma where he impressed after appearing 18 times for the club in all competitions scoring eight goals and providing two assists.
“Today is a very special day for me because I am now a Roma player in every way,” El Shaarawy said to the club’s official website
“I would like to thank the president, Mr Pallotta, sporting director Walter Sabatini, coach Luciano Spalletti, my teammates and the entire AS Roma staff for the faith they have shown in me from day one – and especially the Giallorossi fans, who welcomed me with warmth and affection.”
It’s worth noting that El Shaarawy is now in France as part of Antonio Conte’s Italy squad in the 2016 Euro.