Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Official: Roma complete signing of Stephan El Shaarawy
AS Roma have officially announced the signing of Italian-Egyptian winger Stephan El Shaarawy on a permanent deal from AC Milan.
Shaarawy was loaned to Roma in January with an option to buy that was used by the Giallorossi on Tuesday. Roma paid €13 million in a four year deal that expires on 30 June 2020.
The 23-year-old was loaned to Monaco at the beginning of last season with a mandatory option to buy that wasn’t exercised by the Ligue 1 club as the player didn’t complete the minimum amount of appearances needed.
After that he was loaned to Roma where he impressed after appearing 18 times for the club in all competitions scoring eight goals and providing two assists.
“Today is a very special day for me because I am now a Roma player in every way,” El Shaarawy said to the club’s official website
“I would like to thank the president, Mr Pallotta, sporting director Walter Sabatini, coach Luciano Spalletti, my teammates and the entire AS Roma staff for the faith they have shown in me from day one – and especially the Giallorossi fans, who welcomed me with warmth and affection.”
It’s worth noting that El Shaarawy is now in France as part of Antonio Conte’s Italy squad in the 2016 Euro.