Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Official: Roma complete signing of Stephan El Shaarawy
Shaarawy was loaned to Roma in January with an option to buy that was used by the Giallorossi on Tuesday. Roma paid €13 million in a four year deal that expires on 30 June 2020.
The 23-year-old was loaned to Monaco at the beginning of last season with a mandatory option to buy that wasn’t exercised by the Ligue 1 club as the player didn’t complete the minimum amount of appearances needed.
After that he was loaned to Roma where he impressed after appearing 18 times for the club in all competitions scoring eight goals and providing two assists.
“Today is a very special day for me because I am now a Roma player in every way,” El Shaarawy said to the club’s official website
“I would like to thank the president, Mr Pallotta, sporting director Walter Sabatini, coach Luciano Spalletti, my teammates and the entire AS Roma staff for the faith they have shown in me from day one – and especially the Giallorossi fans, who welcomed me with warmth and affection.”
It’s worth noting that El Shaarawy is now in France as part of Antonio Conte’s Italy squad in the 2016 Euro.