Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Official: Roma complete signing of Stephan El Shaarawy
AS Roma have officially announced the signing of Italian-Egyptian winger Stephan El Shaarawy on a permanent deal from AC Milan.
Shaarawy was loaned to Roma in January with an option to buy that was used by the Giallorossi on Tuesday. Roma paid €13 million in a four year deal that expires on 30 June 2020.
The 23-year-old was loaned to Monaco at the beginning of last season with a mandatory option to buy that wasn’t exercised by the Ligue 1 club as the player didn’t complete the minimum amount of appearances needed.
After that he was loaned to Roma where he impressed after appearing 18 times for the club in all competitions scoring eight goals and providing two assists.
“Today is a very special day for me because I am now a Roma player in every way,” El Shaarawy said to the club’s official website
“I would like to thank the president, Mr Pallotta, sporting director Walter Sabatini, coach Luciano Spalletti, my teammates and the entire AS Roma staff for the faith they have shown in me from day one – and especially the Giallorossi fans, who welcomed me with warmth and affection.”
It’s worth noting that El Shaarawy is now in France as part of Antonio Conte’s Italy squad in the 2016 Euro.