Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
Mahmoud Fayez: We see nothing but the goal of qualification to WC
Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has highlighted on Egypt being placed in pot 2 for 2018 World Cup qualifications draw, saying they are only focused on giving their best in order to achieve the dream of qualification.
This comes after FIFA decided on Wednesday to cancel the special ranking of African teams they were supposed to release on June 21, where Egypt was expected to return to pot 1.
This annulment means that Egypt will remain in pot 2, bound to be drawn in the same group with one of Africa’s giants from pot 1.
“I am seeing a lot of pessimistic people regarding being seeded in pot 2, as the team’s coaching staff we have nothing but hope, optimism, insistence and enthusiasm,” Fayez wrote on Facebook.
“We promise you nothing but hard work and sincerity to achieve our dream. We see nothing but the qualification dream infront of us and enthused players aiming for the same goal. We see nothing but fans that wish to be happy and are backing us because this is the dream of all of us.”
“Nobody will prevent us from dreaming and hoping whatever the name of the opponent, we have the right to dream and with our hands we will manage to make the dream come true. No place for the pessimistic, the human beings without hope is like the body with no soul,” he concluded.