AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Mahmoud Fayez: We see nothing but the goal of qualification to WC
Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has highlighted on Egypt being placed in pot 2 for 2018 World Cup qualifications draw, saying they are only focused on giving their best in order to achieve the dream of qualification.
This comes after FIFA decided on Wednesday to cancel the special ranking of African teams they were supposed to release on June 21, where Egypt was expected to return to pot 1.
This annulment means that Egypt will remain in pot 2, bound to be drawn in the same group with one of Africa’s giants from pot 1.
“I am seeing a lot of pessimistic people regarding being seeded in pot 2, as the team’s coaching staff we have nothing but hope, optimism, insistence and enthusiasm,” Fayez wrote on Facebook.
“We promise you nothing but hard work and sincerity to achieve our dream. We see nothing but the qualification dream infront of us and enthused players aiming for the same goal. We see nothing but fans that wish to be happy and are backing us because this is the dream of all of us.”
“Nobody will prevent us from dreaming and hoping whatever the name of the opponent, we have the right to dream and with our hands we will manage to make the dream come true. No place for the pessimistic, the human beings without hope is like the body with no soul,” he concluded.