The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Mahmoud Fayez: We see nothing but the goal of qualification to WC
Egypt assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has highlighted on Egypt being placed in pot 2 for 2018 World Cup qualifications draw, saying they are only focused on giving their best in order to achieve the dream of qualification.
This comes after FIFA decided on Wednesday to cancel the special ranking of African teams they were supposed to release on June 21, where Egypt was expected to return to pot 1.
This annulment means that Egypt will remain in pot 2, bound to be drawn in the same group with one of Africa’s giants from pot 1.
“I am seeing a lot of pessimistic people regarding being seeded in pot 2, as the team’s coaching staff we have nothing but hope, optimism, insistence and enthusiasm,” Fayez wrote on Facebook.
“We promise you nothing but hard work and sincerity to achieve our dream. We see nothing but the qualification dream infront of us and enthused players aiming for the same goal. We see nothing but fans that wish to be happy and are backing us because this is the dream of all of us.”
“Nobody will prevent us from dreaming and hoping whatever the name of the opponent, we have the right to dream and with our hands we will manage to make the dream come true. No place for the pessimistic, the human beings without hope is like the body with no soul,” he concluded.