Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
OFFICIAL: Wanyama signs for Tottenham Hotspur
The confirmation comes after the London based club agreed a fee of £11 million for the defensive midfielder last week before the player completed his medical.
Mauricio Pochettino is a big fan of the 24 year-old and has been trying to reunite with the Kenyan powerhouse since he was appointed as the Spurs coach in 2014.
However, things have notably changed this summer after Saints manager Ronald Koeman left the club to join Everton.
Southampton were not keen on letting Wanyama leave for free, after the midfielder snubbed their latest offer.
This is the first summer signing for Tottenham who prepare for the Champions League campaign next season as they are looking for a young yet experienced defensive midfielder and looks like Wanyama fits the bill.
It’s well worth mentioning that Wanyama experienced Champions League nights at Celtic Park before joining Southampton for £12.5 million in 2013 as the most expensive player sold by a Scottish club.