The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
CAF eliminate ES Sétif from Champions League
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a statement officially eliminating ES Sétif from this seasons Champions League campaign following crowd troubles in their first home game.
The CAF had announced that ES Sétif will face sanctions when the referee was forced to end the match prior to the 90 minute mark.
The win was recorded for Mamelodi Sundowns regardless of the final score since the match was forced to an end due to riots from the ES Sétif’s fans.
With ES Sétif out, however, Mamelodi are back to zero points, and Zamalek lead the group with three points.
The CAF has also sent Zamalek a letter notifying them of the decision, meaning that Zamalek’s game against ES Sétif will not be played.
ES Setif’s President has announced that he will dispute the decision to eliminate his team with FIFA.