Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
CAF eliminate ES Sétif from Champions League
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a statement officially eliminating ES Sétif from this seasons Champions League campaign following crowd troubles in their first home game.
The CAF had announced that ES Sétif will face sanctions when the referee was forced to end the match prior to the 90 minute mark.
The win was recorded for Mamelodi Sundowns regardless of the final score since the match was forced to an end due to riots from the ES Sétif’s fans.
With ES Sétif out, however, Mamelodi are back to zero points, and Zamalek lead the group with three points.
The CAF has also sent Zamalek a letter notifying them of the decision, meaning that Zamalek’s game against ES Sétif will not be played.
ES Setif’s President has announced that he will dispute the decision to eliminate his team with FIFA.