Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
CAF eliminate ES Sétif from Champions League
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a statement officially eliminating ES Sétif from this seasons Champions League campaign following crowd troubles in their first home game.
The CAF had announced that ES Sétif will face sanctions when the referee was forced to end the match prior to the 90 minute mark.
The win was recorded for Mamelodi Sundowns regardless of the final score since the match was forced to an end due to riots from the ES Sétif’s fans.
With ES Sétif out, however, Mamelodi are back to zero points, and Zamalek lead the group with three points.
The CAF has also sent Zamalek a letter notifying them of the decision, meaning that Zamalek’s game against ES Sétif will not be played.
ES Setif’s President has announced that he will dispute the decision to eliminate his team with FIFA.