Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
CAF eliminate ES Sétif from Champions League
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a statement officially eliminating ES Sétif from this seasons Champions League campaign following crowd troubles in their first home game.
The CAF had announced that ES Sétif will face sanctions when the referee was forced to end the match prior to the 90 minute mark.
The win was recorded for Mamelodi Sundowns regardless of the final score since the match was forced to an end due to riots from the ES Sétif’s fans.
With ES Sétif out, however, Mamelodi are back to zero points, and Zamalek lead the group with three points.
The CAF has also sent Zamalek a letter notifying them of the decision, meaning that Zamalek’s game against ES Sétif will not be played.
ES Setif’s President has announced that he will dispute the decision to eliminate his team with FIFA.