Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
CAF eliminate ES Sétif from Champions League
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a statement officially eliminating ES Sétif from this seasons Champions League campaign following crowd troubles in their first home game.
The CAF had announced that ES Sétif will face sanctions when the referee was forced to end the match prior to the 90 minute mark.
The win was recorded for Mamelodi Sundowns regardless of the final score since the match was forced to an end due to riots from the ES Sétif’s fans.
With ES Sétif out, however, Mamelodi are back to zero points, and Zamalek lead the group with three points.
The CAF has also sent Zamalek a letter notifying them of the decision, meaning that Zamalek’s game against ES Sétif will not be played.
ES Setif’s President has announced that he will dispute the decision to eliminate his team with FIFA.