Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egypt in 2017 Handball Championship Group of Death
The group stages of the 25th International Handball Federation’s Men’s World Championship have been announced, and the Egyptian national team has been drawn into the ‘group of death.’
The 24 participating teams were placed in four groups of six teams, with the Pharaohs being placed in Group D with Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, Bahrain, and Argentina.
Denmark and Sweden are ranked third and fourth in the IHF World Rankings, respectively. Argentina lie in 24th place, Qatar in 26th, and Bahrain in 48th. The Egyptians lie in 15th place.
The championship is set to begin on January 11 of 2017 and end on the 29th of the same month in France.
Egypt will face Argentina in the 2016 Rio Olympics as well after being placed in the same group.