Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Egypt in 2017 Handball Championship Group of Death
The group stages of the 25th International Handball Federation’s Men’s World Championship have been announced, and the Egyptian national team has been drawn into the ‘group of death.’
The 24 participating teams were placed in four groups of six teams, with the Pharaohs being placed in Group D with Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, Bahrain, and Argentina.
Denmark and Sweden are ranked third and fourth in the IHF World Rankings, respectively. Argentina lie in 24th place, Qatar in 26th, and Bahrain in 48th. The Egyptians lie in 15th place.
The championship is set to begin on January 11 of 2017 and end on the 29th of the same month in France.
Egypt will face Argentina in the 2016 Rio Olympics as well after being placed in the same group.