Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Egypt in 2017 Handball Championship Group of Death
The group stages of the 25th International Handball Federation’s Men’s World Championship have been announced, and the Egyptian national team has been drawn into the ‘group of death.’
The 24 participating teams were placed in four groups of six teams, with the Pharaohs being placed in Group D with Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, Bahrain, and Argentina.
Denmark and Sweden are ranked third and fourth in the IHF World Rankings, respectively. Argentina lie in 24th place, Qatar in 26th, and Bahrain in 48th. The Egyptians lie in 15th place.
The championship is set to begin on January 11 of 2017 and end on the 29th of the same month in France.
Egypt will face Argentina in the 2016 Rio Olympics as well after being placed in the same group.