Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
Egypt in 2017 Handball Championship Group of Death
The group stages of the 25th International Handball Federation’s Men’s World Championship have been announced, and the Egyptian national team has been drawn into the ‘group of death.’
The 24 participating teams were placed in four groups of six teams, with the Pharaohs being placed in Group D with Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, Bahrain, and Argentina.
Denmark and Sweden are ranked third and fourth in the IHF World Rankings, respectively. Argentina lie in 24th place, Qatar in 26th, and Bahrain in 48th. The Egyptians lie in 15th place.
The championship is set to begin on January 11 of 2017 and end on the 29th of the same month in France.
Egypt will face Argentina in the 2016 Rio Olympics as well after being placed in the same group.