Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Egypt in 2017 Handball Championship Group of Death
The group stages of the 25th International Handball Federation’s Men’s World Championship have been announced, and the Egyptian national team has been drawn into the ‘group of death.’
The 24 participating teams were placed in four groups of six teams, with the Pharaohs being placed in Group D with Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, Bahrain, and Argentina.
Denmark and Sweden are ranked third and fourth in the IHF World Rankings, respectively. Argentina lie in 24th place, Qatar in 26th, and Bahrain in 48th. The Egyptians lie in 15th place.
The championship is set to begin on January 11 of 2017 and end on the 29th of the same month in France.
Egypt will face Argentina in the 2016 Rio Olympics as well after being placed in the same group.