Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Jol: Ramadan Sobhy is one of the best talents I’ve seen
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol spoke about Ramadan Sobhy’s future and discussed the player’s readiness to join a European club.
KingFut has previously confirmed that Stoke City have tabled a bid for the Al Ahly prodigy. Following Al Ahly’s win against Ismaily and securing the 38th league title, the Red Castle chairman Mahmoud Taher revealed that Sobhy’s transfer decision is in the hands of Jol.
“He’s one of the best players and young talents I’ve ever seen in England, in Germany, in Holland, in Spain,” Jol said in an interview on Nile Sports TV channel.
“I think he’s not ready yet because they don’t know him there, if people would know him, they would offer us 15 or 20 million euros not the peanuts [they’re offering],” he added.
“They want him on loan and like Trezeguet if they like him they’ll pay 2 million,” Jol said in reference to Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet who joined Anderlecht on season-long loan before the Belgian side activated the option to buy clause in his loan agreement and bought him permanently for €2.3m.
“I think that time is over because Ramadan is playing for Al Ahly, it’s a big club and Ramadan will be a big player in the future,” he concluded.