Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Jol: Ramadan Sobhy is one of the best talents I’ve seen
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol spoke about Ramadan Sobhy’s future and discussed the player’s readiness to join a European club.
KingFut has previously confirmed that Stoke City have tabled a bid for the Al Ahly prodigy. Following Al Ahly’s win against Ismaily and securing the 38th league title, the Red Castle chairman Mahmoud Taher revealed that Sobhy’s transfer decision is in the hands of Jol.
“He’s one of the best players and young talents I’ve ever seen in England, in Germany, in Holland, in Spain,” Jol said in an interview on Nile Sports TV channel.
“I think he’s not ready yet because they don’t know him there, if people would know him, they would offer us 15 or 20 million euros not the peanuts [they’re offering],” he added.
“They want him on loan and like Trezeguet if they like him they’ll pay 2 million,” Jol said in reference to Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet who joined Anderlecht on season-long loan before the Belgian side activated the option to buy clause in his loan agreement and bought him permanently for €2.3m.
“I think that time is over because Ramadan is playing for Al Ahly, it’s a big club and Ramadan will be a big player in the future,” he concluded.