KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Jol praises fans, discusses challenges after league win
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol expressed his gratitude to the club’s fans as he spoke about the challenges that faced the team in the past few weeks.
“We had to play without Abdallah El-Said, Evouna and Ghaly, which affected out performance, but the players still managed to win the title,” Jol said after the Ismaily match.
El-Said and Evouna missed the Ismaily game due to injury while Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly was out of the squad due to suspension after accumulation of yellow cards.
“We knew it’d be a tough game as Ismaily are a good team. They have a good coach who plays modern football.
“Scoring two early goals had eased our mission and allowed us to have more scoring chances,” he added.
The Dutch manager also expressed his gratitude for the fans who supported the team during Monday’s training session, saying they played an important role in winning the title.
He expressed his hope for the return of fans to the stands as games are currently played behind closed doors.