Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Jol praises fans, discusses challenges after league win
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol expressed his gratitude to the club’s fans as he spoke about the challenges that faced the team in the past few weeks.
“We had to play without Abdallah El-Said, Evouna and Ghaly, which affected out performance, but the players still managed to win the title,” Jol said after the Ismaily match.
El-Said and Evouna missed the Ismaily game due to injury while Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly was out of the squad due to suspension after accumulation of yellow cards.
“We knew it’d be a tough game as Ismaily are a good team. They have a good coach who plays modern football.
“Scoring two early goals had eased our mission and allowed us to have more scoring chances,” he added.
The Dutch manager also expressed his gratitude for the fans who supported the team during Monday’s training session, saying they played an important role in winning the title.
He expressed his hope for the return of fans to the stands as games are currently played behind closed doors.