Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Jol praises fans, discusses challenges after league win
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol expressed his gratitude to the club’s fans as he spoke about the challenges that faced the team in the past few weeks.
“We had to play without Abdallah El-Said, Evouna and Ghaly, which affected out performance, but the players still managed to win the title,” Jol said after the Ismaily match.
El-Said and Evouna missed the Ismaily game due to injury while Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly was out of the squad due to suspension after accumulation of yellow cards.
“We knew it’d be a tough game as Ismaily are a good team. They have a good coach who plays modern football.
“Scoring two early goals had eased our mission and allowed us to have more scoring chances,” he added.
The Dutch manager also expressed his gratitude for the fans who supported the team during Monday’s training session, saying they played an important role in winning the title.
He expressed his hope for the return of fans to the stands as games are currently played behind closed doors.