Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Omar Gaber makes Basel debut in friendly loss
Omar Gaber played his first match for, Swiss champions, Basel as the club kicked off their preseason program.
Days after his first training session with his new club, Omar Gaber made his debut for the Swiss champions in a friendly match
Basel were playing St. Gallen in their first preseason match. 24 year old, Gaber made the starting lineup.
Unfortunately, his debut was soured as FC Basel lost the match 4-2. St. Gallen opened the scoring on 30 mins but Basel pulled level only two minutes later. Callà responding to the opener by Yannis Tafer.
St. Gallen added a second near the end of the first half, to go the break a goal ahead. Misery was added to Omar Gaber’s new team as they conceded at the start of the second half.
Substitute, Manzambi reduced the deficit to make it 3-2 in the 70th minute. Both teams looked for another goal and it was St. Gallen who got one. They netted the fourth in injury time to seal the win.
FC Basel next play 1860 Munich and Gaber will look to feature again. The 24 year old hopes to follow the paths of his compatriots who donned Basel colours.