Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Omar Gaber makes Basel debut in friendly loss
Omar Gaber played his first match for, Swiss champions, Basel as the club kicked off their preseason program.
Days after his first training session with his new club, Omar Gaber made his debut for the Swiss champions in a friendly match
Basel were playing St. Gallen in their first preseason match. 24 year old, Gaber made the starting lineup.
Unfortunately, his debut was soured as FC Basel lost the match 4-2. St. Gallen opened the scoring on 30 mins but Basel pulled level only two minutes later. Callà responding to the opener by Yannis Tafer.
St. Gallen added a second near the end of the first half, to go the break a goal ahead. Misery was added to Omar Gaber’s new team as they conceded at the start of the second half.
Substitute, Manzambi reduced the deficit to make it 3-2 in the 70th minute. Both teams looked for another goal and it was St. Gallen who got one. They netted the fourth in injury time to seal the win.
FC Basel next play 1860 Munich and Gaber will look to feature again. The 24 year old hopes to follow the paths of his compatriots who donned Basel colours.