Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Omar Gaber makes Basel debut in friendly loss
Omar Gaber played his first match for, Swiss champions, Basel as the club kicked off their preseason program.
Days after his first training session with his new club, Omar Gaber made his debut for the Swiss champions in a friendly match
Basel were playing St. Gallen in their first preseason match. 24 year old, Gaber made the starting lineup.
Unfortunately, his debut was soured as FC Basel lost the match 4-2. St. Gallen opened the scoring on 30 mins but Basel pulled level only two minutes later. Callà responding to the opener by Yannis Tafer.
St. Gallen added a second near the end of the first half, to go the break a goal ahead. Misery was added to Omar Gaber’s new team as they conceded at the start of the second half.
Substitute, Manzambi reduced the deficit to make it 3-2 in the 70th minute. Both teams looked for another goal and it was St. Gallen who got one. They netted the fourth in injury time to seal the win.
FC Basel next play 1860 Munich and Gaber will look to feature again. The 24 year old hopes to follow the paths of his compatriots who donned Basel colours.