Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Omar Gaber makes Basel debut in friendly loss
Omar Gaber played his first match for, Swiss champions, Basel as the club kicked off their preseason program.
Days after his first training session with his new club, Omar Gaber made his debut for the Swiss champions in a friendly match
Basel were playing St. Gallen in their first preseason match. 24 year old, Gaber made the starting lineup.
Unfortunately, his debut was soured as FC Basel lost the match 4-2. St. Gallen opened the scoring on 30 mins but Basel pulled level only two minutes later. Callà responding to the opener by Yannis Tafer.
St. Gallen added a second near the end of the first half, to go the break a goal ahead. Misery was added to Omar Gaber’s new team as they conceded at the start of the second half.
Substitute, Manzambi reduced the deficit to make it 3-2 in the 70th minute. Both teams looked for another goal and it was St. Gallen who got one. They netted the fourth in injury time to seal the win.
FC Basel next play 1860 Munich and Gaber will look to feature again. The 24 year old hopes to follow the paths of his compatriots who donned Basel colours.