Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Official: Algeria appoint Milovan Rajevac as national team manager
The Algerian Football Federation have announced the appointment of Serbian Milovan Rajevac as national team manager.
The appointment of Rajevac was announced today on the FAF’s official website. The Algerian Football Federation’s president Mohamed Raouraoua has reportedly negotiated the details of the deal earlier this week, while Rajevac is expected to be in Algeria mid-July and hold a press conference.
Rajevac comes to lead Les Fennecs replacing interim manager Nabil Neghiz who held the job after Christian Gourcuff stepped down from his position as manager.
The 62-year-old tactician has previously led Ghana to a second place position in the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations in Angola after losing 1-0 to Egypt in the final.
He also led the Black Stars to the quarter finals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa after losing out to penalties against Uruguay and won the 2009 U20 World Cup in Egypt after Ghana beat Brazil in the final.
Rajevac has since had unsuccessful spells with Al Ahli in Saudi Arabia and the Qatar national team. He previously led Borac Čačak and Vojvodina in Serbia.
He is expected to lead Algeria in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon as well as the qualifying rounds for the 2018 World Cup in Russia where Algeria are in group B along Zambia, Cameroon and Nigeria.
It’s worth noting that Rajevac was previously linked with the Egypt manager post following the sacking of Shawky Gharib.