ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
EXCLUSIVE | Stoke City give Al Ahly ultimatum over Sobhi move
The Potters have been after the 19-year-old for three weeks now and have given Al Ahly 72 hours to accept their proposal for Ramadan Sobhi or else they’ll pull out of the deal.
Sobhi’s agent, Nader Shawky, confirmed to KingFut the intention of Stoke to pull the plug on the deal as the Red Devils have taken too long to respond to the proposal.
“The proposal is there for Al Ahly to accept. It has been for three weeks now and Stoke are getting sick of this,” Nader confirmed.
Al Ahly boss Martin Jol had claimed Ramadan Sobhi should go for at least €10 million, something which Nader laughed away.
“Jol doesn’t want Ramadan to leave. He’s the one keeping the deal from happening because Ramadan is a superb player and Jol wants to win the CAF Champions League and go to the Club World Cup, which is understandable,” continued Nader.
“But saying that he should go for €10 million is not reasonable. I’m willing to give him a mandate to get an offer for €10 million for Ramadan Sobhi.
“Stoke City are offering €4 million for Sobhi, with an additional €1 million based on his performances with the club,” revealed his agent.
“Stoke have informed me that Al Ahly need to reply to the offer in 72 hours or else they will pull out of the deal,” Nader concluded.