Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
EXCLUSIVE: Arab Contractor’s Taher Mohamed set for Sporting trial
Arab Contractor’s forward Taher Mohamed is set to undergo trial at Portuguese club Sporting Clube de Portugal.
The 18-year-old was linked with Anderlecht, Monaco and Basel in 2014 after excelling with the U-17 Egyptian national team. Two years later and the young starlet is set for a trial at Sporting Lisbon. Taher confirmed to KingFut that he is going to travel after Egypt’s match against Angola on the 8th of July.
Taher made his first team debut against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League back in 2014 ageing only 16-years old. So far in the 2015/2016 season Taher scored two goals in 14 appearances for the Mountain’s Wolves as well as scoring once in his only appearance against Rwanda for the U-20 Pharaohs in the 2017 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers a few weeks ago.
It’s worth noting that former Contractors president Sherif Habib claimed Taher will follow in the footsteps of Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah, with many regarding him as the next best talent to come out of the club since the duo.