Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Egypt U-20 face Angola one day before Cairo derby
Al Ahly vs Zamalek is scheduled for the day after the Egypt vs Angola clash which would be problematic for some players, especially Ramadan Sobhi.
Al Ahly’s technical staff don’t want the player to take part in the Egypt vs Angola game in order to be fully fit for Africa’s greatest derby, even though the league is already secured.
On the other hand, Metemed Gamal, Egypt’s U-20 coach, insisted that he will heavily depend on Ramadan Sobhi against Angola.
It’s well worth mentioning that Khaled Abdelaziz, Egypt’s minister of sports and youth, has stated that he will find a solution for this issue as soon as possible. There has also been suggestions that the Cairo derby might be rescheduled.