Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ramadan Sobhi excluded from Al Ahly squad against ASEC
The Red Devils will host the Ivorian club at the Borg El-Arab Stadium on Tuesday in a crucial fixture that comes after both teams lost their opening Group A games.
The Red Castle will be hoping to get past ASEC without the help of Ramadan Sobhi and Ahmed El-Sheikh, who both miss due to injury. They join the team’s injury list, which includes Abdallah El-Said and Malick Evouna, who’ve combined for 23 goals in the Egyptian Premier League this season.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Ahmed Hegazy, Rami Rabia, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Fathi, Bassem Ali, Mohamed Hany, Sabry Raheel and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Amr El-Sulaya, Saleh Gomaa, Walid Soliman, Ahmed Hamdy and Momen Zakaria.
Forwards: Emad Meteb, John Antwi and Amr Gamal.
The club’s executive manager Sherin Shams has previously confirmed that 15,000 fans will be permitted to attend the match.
The Cairo giants go into the game with renewed confidence after securing the Egyptian Premier League title on Friday with two matches to spare.