Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt beats Turkey in World League
The Egyptian Volleyball Team won against Turkey 3-1 in the 2016 FIVB World League on Sunday in Cairo.
This was the first defeat in six matches for the Turkish team in the 2016 World League.
“The encounter was difficult and we studied everything about them. All my players are heroes and they proved that there is no difference between the first row and the second row. I am very proud of all them, I hope to win the coming three matches to reach the final in Portugal,” Nehad Shehaata, Egypt’s coach.
Egypt’s top scorer Ahmed Kotb managed to score 29 points to help his side win the match 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-23, 31-29).
“I congratulate the Egyptian team for the win and they played amazing this evening. We were surprised with the power of serves and continuity,” Emanuelle Zanini, coach of Turkey.
Egypt also won last match against Japan in the Pool E2 group 3-2. The Egyptian team is currently sixth with six points after winning four matches and losing two.
Egypt will play in Pool G2 against Netherlands, South Korea and Netherlands in Seoul, South Korea. The team’s first match will be against Netherlands on Friday.