Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt beats Turkey in World League
The Egyptian Volleyball Team won against Turkey 3-1 in the 2016 FIVB World League on Sunday in Cairo.
This was the first defeat in six matches for the Turkish team in the 2016 World League.
“The encounter was difficult and we studied everything about them. All my players are heroes and they proved that there is no difference between the first row and the second row. I am very proud of all them, I hope to win the coming three matches to reach the final in Portugal,” Nehad Shehaata, Egypt’s coach.
Egypt’s top scorer Ahmed Kotb managed to score 29 points to help his side win the match 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-23, 31-29).
“I congratulate the Egyptian team for the win and they played amazing this evening. We were surprised with the power of serves and continuity,” Emanuelle Zanini, coach of Turkey.
Egypt also won last match against Japan in the Pool E2 group 3-2. The Egyptian team is currently sixth with six points after winning four matches and losing two.
Egypt will play in Pool G2 against Netherlands, South Korea and Netherlands in Seoul, South Korea. The team’s first match will be against Netherlands on Friday.