Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt beats Turkey in World League
The Egyptian Volleyball Team won against Turkey 3-1 in the 2016 FIVB World League on Sunday in Cairo.
This was the first defeat in six matches for the Turkish team in the 2016 World League.
“The encounter was difficult and we studied everything about them. All my players are heroes and they proved that there is no difference between the first row and the second row. I am very proud of all them, I hope to win the coming three matches to reach the final in Portugal,” Nehad Shehaata, Egypt’s coach.
Egypt’s top scorer Ahmed Kotb managed to score 29 points to help his side win the match 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-23, 31-29).
“I congratulate the Egyptian team for the win and they played amazing this evening. We were surprised with the power of serves and continuity,” Emanuelle Zanini, coach of Turkey.
Egypt also won last match against Japan in the Pool E2 group 3-2. The Egyptian team is currently sixth with six points after winning four matches and losing two.
Egypt will play in Pool G2 against Netherlands, South Korea and Netherlands in Seoul, South Korea. The team’s first match will be against Netherlands on Friday.