Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt beats Turkey in World League
The Egyptian Volleyball Team won against Turkey 3-1 in the 2016 FIVB World League on Sunday in Cairo.
This was the first defeat in six matches for the Turkish team in the 2016 World League.
“The encounter was difficult and we studied everything about them. All my players are heroes and they proved that there is no difference between the first row and the second row. I am very proud of all them, I hope to win the coming three matches to reach the final in Portugal,” Nehad Shehaata, Egypt’s coach.
Egypt’s top scorer Ahmed Kotb managed to score 29 points to help his side win the match 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-23, 31-29).
“I congratulate the Egyptian team for the win and they played amazing this evening. We were surprised with the power of serves and continuity,” Emanuelle Zanini, coach of Turkey.
Egypt also won last match against Japan in the Pool E2 group 3-2. The Egyptian team is currently sixth with six points after winning four matches and losing two.
Egypt will play in Pool G2 against Netherlands, South Korea and Netherlands in Seoul, South Korea. The team’s first match will be against Netherlands on Friday.