Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Legend Hazem Emam recalls his time at Udinese
Mondo Udinese had a chat with, legendary midfielder, Hazem Emam about his time at Udinese. The former Zamalek attacking midfielder played for the side from 1996 to 2001. This interview took place as news of the club’s interest in Ramadan Sobhy continues to circulate.
Emam recounted how great thing were when he joined the club, “I remember playing the first friendly match with the shirt of Udinese. I played very well. The dinner after, Oliver Bierhoff came to me and asked me to sit next to him, I was overjoyed. All comrades saw me as a talented player.”
He mentioned the great gesture Udinese fans displayed towards him in his first official match. “My first game was with Perugia. I was sitting on the bench and entered the second half. But after a few minutes we were reduced to 10 men and coach Alberto Zaccheroni decided to replace me. I cried a lot and many comrades came to me.”
“It was a bitter day for me but thank God I was able to recover from that dramatic situation. The next match was against Reggiana. Before starting the whistle I was left speechless by what the fans did at Friuli stadium.
“They exposed a banner for me: ‘Your Tears Are More Valuable Than 1000 Goals Emam’ I did not expect, will forever remain one of the best memories of my life.” Hazem Emam went on to record an assist in that match.
In the interview, he also recounted particular moments with his teammates. He said Amoroso taught him to play the PlayStation while Thomas Helveg, who spoke English, helped him settle. The Egyptian legend also revealed some of the regrets of his time at Udinese.
“I regret not having had the patience required. I wanted to play forever…ours was the best team in the history of Udinese. If I had a little patience I could have been used more and maybe become a regular.”
Hazem Emam works for Bein Sports but is set to delve into coaching. “I will soon come to Udine. Now I became coach I’m sure I could learn a lot from the club. Udine is always in my heart…forza Udinese sempre.”
During his time with Udinese, he spent some time on loan with De Graafschap. Hazem Emam returned to Zamalek and ended his playing career there.