Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Martin Jol: Al Ahly need to sign a new goalkeeper
Al Ahly’s manager Martin Jol has stated that the club needs to reinforce the goalkeeping position, as well as improve the defensive displays.
Al Ahly have suffered their second successive loss in the CAF Champions League group stages which sends them to the bottom of their group with zero points from two games before hosting Wydad Casablanca in the next game.
Sherif Ekramy was at the center of attention in the last few weeks after poor displays against Al Masry and Zesco United. Ekramy’s mistake that lead to ASEC’s eventual winner has left Jol furious in his post-match press conference.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) June 28, 2016
“Ekramy hasn’t done his role in the game. ASEC scored their two goals from their two shots on target,” Jol commented.
“We are looking to reinforce the goalkeeper position as well as other positions,” he added.
Martin Jol also mentioned that the supporters’ presence was very important, however ASEC’s early goal made things different for the Red Devils.
“After we equalized, we pushed forward but conceded a late goal. It was very difficult to secure any points afterwards,” Jol added.
Al Ahly are currently bottom of their CAF Champions League group with zero points from two games, and will have to switch their focus to the competition after securing the league’s title last week.