Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Martin Jol: Al Ahly need to sign a new goalkeeper
Al Ahly’s manager Martin Jol has stated that the club needs to reinforce the goalkeeping position, as well as improve the defensive displays.
Al Ahly have suffered their second successive loss in the CAF Champions League group stages which sends them to the bottom of their group with zero points from two games before hosting Wydad Casablanca in the next game.
Sherif Ekramy was at the center of attention in the last few weeks after poor displays against Al Masry and Zesco United. Ekramy’s mistake that lead to ASEC’s eventual winner has left Jol furious in his post-match press conference.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) June 28, 2016
“Ekramy hasn’t done his role in the game. ASEC scored their two goals from their two shots on target,” Jol commented.
“We are looking to reinforce the goalkeeper position as well as other positions,” he added.
Martin Jol also mentioned that the supporters’ presence was very important, however ASEC’s early goal made things different for the Red Devils.
“After we equalized, we pushed forward but conceded a late goal. It was very difficult to secure any points afterwards,” Jol added.
Al Ahly are currently bottom of their CAF Champions League group with zero points from two games, and will have to switch their focus to the competition after securing the league’s title last week.