Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mohamed Youssef appointed Al Shorta manager for a second time
Mohamed Youssef has been been appointed coach of, Iraqi side, Al Shorta for the second time ahead of the new season.
Former Al Ahly coach, Mohamed Youssef is set for a second stint as Al Shorta manager. The club announced his return ahead of 16/17 football season.
Youssef was previously in charge of the club in 2015. He had a stellar record at the helm; Al Shorta won 11 and drew four matches. Surprisingly, the club sacked him over absence without permission and poor results in the AFC Cup.
Before reappointing him, Al Shorta apologized for sacking him. He left the club and a had a brief stint at Smouha.
The Iraqi Premier League side only finished seventh last season. They have committed to giving Mohamed Youssef time to rebuild the team.
Youssef led Al Ahly to CAF Champions League triumph in 2013. He stepped down, from the coaching role, in 2014.