Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Panathinaikos release Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien
Michael Essien has been released by Panathinaikos, alongside three other players. Nigerian Abdul Jeleel Ajagun, German Jens Wemmer and Greek Stathis Tavlaridis were dropped together with Essien.
The midfielder has been plagued by injuries in the last few years including in his time at Panathinaikos. He was the highest paid player at the club but only made 12 appearances for them. Consequently he was dropped by the club as they look to trim their budget.
At one time recognized among the best midfielder in the world, Essien joined the Greek side in 2015 from AC Milan. He signed a two year contract but has been unable to nail down a place in the team due to injuries.
Michael Essien is now linked with a move to the Chinese Super League. The Ghanaian midfielder could join, his compatriot, Asamoah Gyan in China; who plays for Shanghai SIPG.