Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Salah named AS Roma’s player of the season
The 24-year-old winger secured the award after being named on a seven-man short list which included Francesco Totti, Wojciech Szczesny, Radja Nainggolan, Miralem Pjanic, Kostas Manolas and Alessandro Florenzi.
Salah was voted as the club’s player of the year after over 210,000 votes were cast.
Finishing as the club’s top goalscorer have made it less surprising for the winger to claim the award. Salah’s 14 goals and six assists in the Serie A have helped the Giallorossi finish up the season as the league’s highest scoring side.
“With pace, power and an eye for goal, Salah’s presence caused no end of problems for opposition defenders throughout the campaign, becoming a player that could not be left unguarded under any circumstances,” read the awards article on the AS Roma official website.
“Despite changing managers midway through the season, Salah continued to thrive – and fans will be excited to see what he can continue to achieve next season under Luciano Spalletti, as the Italian makes him a cornerstone of his fluid attacking strategy,” the article read.
Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan finished in the second place behind Salah. The Belgian’s crucial goals in the last two months of the season have helped AS Roma secure their place in the UEFA Champions League next season.
Despite not having much playing time as the other names on the shortlist, AS Roma’s legendary captain Francesco Totti have finished third, while Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic have finished fourth.