Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Salah named AS Roma’s player of the season
The 24-year-old winger secured the award after being named on a seven-man short list which included Francesco Totti, Wojciech Szczesny, Radja Nainggolan, Miralem Pjanic, Kostas Manolas and Alessandro Florenzi.
Salah was voted as the club’s player of the year after over 210,000 votes were cast.
Finishing as the club’s top goalscorer have made it less surprising for the winger to claim the award. Salah’s 14 goals and six assists in the Serie A have helped the Giallorossi finish up the season as the league’s highest scoring side.
“With pace, power and an eye for goal, Salah’s presence caused no end of problems for opposition defenders throughout the campaign, becoming a player that could not be left unguarded under any circumstances,” read the awards article on the AS Roma official website.
“Despite changing managers midway through the season, Salah continued to thrive – and fans will be excited to see what he can continue to achieve next season under Luciano Spalletti, as the Italian makes him a cornerstone of his fluid attacking strategy,” the article read.
Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan finished in the second place behind Salah. The Belgian’s crucial goals in the last two months of the season have helped AS Roma secure their place in the UEFA Champions League next season.
Despite not having much playing time as the other names on the shortlist, AS Roma’s legendary captain Francesco Totti have finished third, while Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic have finished fourth.