Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Salah named AS Roma’s player of the season
The 24-year-old winger secured the award after being named on a seven-man short list which included Francesco Totti, Wojciech Szczesny, Radja Nainggolan, Miralem Pjanic, Kostas Manolas and Alessandro Florenzi.
Salah was voted as the club’s player of the year after over 210,000 votes were cast.
Finishing as the club’s top goalscorer have made it less surprising for the winger to claim the award. Salah’s 14 goals and six assists in the Serie A have helped the Giallorossi finish up the season as the league’s highest scoring side.
“With pace, power and an eye for goal, Salah’s presence caused no end of problems for opposition defenders throughout the campaign, becoming a player that could not be left unguarded under any circumstances,” read the awards article on the AS Roma official website.
“Despite changing managers midway through the season, Salah continued to thrive – and fans will be excited to see what he can continue to achieve next season under Luciano Spalletti, as the Italian makes him a cornerstone of his fluid attacking strategy,” the article read.
Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan finished in the second place behind Salah. The Belgian’s crucial goals in the last two months of the season have helped AS Roma secure their place in the UEFA Champions League next season.
Despite not having much playing time as the other names on the shortlist, AS Roma’s legendary captain Francesco Totti have finished third, while Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic have finished fourth.