Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Women’s Handball African Championship draw revealed
The tournament will take place in Angola from December 2 to December 11. It acts as a qualification stage for 2017 World Women’s Championship. The top three teams of the African Championship will secure their places in Germany next year.
Looking for their first ever title, the Egyptian national team have been drawn in Group B alongside Kenya, Congo, Algeria and Tunisia, who won the latest edition in 2014.
The host nation Angola, who are also the most successful team in the history of the competition with 11 titles, will have to play in Group A beside DR Congo, Cameroon, Senegal and Ivory Coast.
The Egyptian Women National Team have never managed to win the African title despite hosting the tournament four times before (1983, 1991, 2004 and 2010).