The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Women’s Handball African Championship draw revealed
The tournament will take place in Angola from December 2 to December 11. It acts as a qualification stage for 2017 World Women’s Championship. The top three teams of the African Championship will secure their places in Germany next year.
Looking for their first ever title, the Egyptian national team have been drawn in Group B alongside Kenya, Congo, Algeria and Tunisia, who won the latest edition in 2014.
The host nation Angola, who are also the most successful team in the history of the competition with 11 titles, will have to play in Group A beside DR Congo, Cameroon, Senegal and Ivory Coast.
The Egyptian Women National Team have never managed to win the African title despite hosting the tournament four times before (1983, 1991, 2004 and 2010).