Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Wydad Casablanca captain: Al Ahly clash will be tough
Al Ahly are currently at the bottom of group A with zero points after the shocking start to their campaign, receiving two defeats against Zesco United in Zambia and Ivory Coast’s ASEC Mimosas in Alexandria, complicating things for earning qualification to the semi-finals.
On the other hand, the Moroccan side are topping the group with full mark after beating ASEC Mimosas and Zesco United but seeing Al Ahly’s results in the first two fixtures, Nakach thinks the Red Devils will be a stiff opponent when they face each other in matchday 3.
“Al Ahly want to return to compete on qualification for semi-finals, their first two losses will definitely toughen our game against them,” the 34-year-old captain told beIN Sports.
“We want to win against Al Ahly in Egypt and if this does not happen we will at least try to come out of the game with a positive result. Wydad is a big club and we are the group leaders, we want to make our fans in Morocco happy.”